Yuck - There is a skunk in the yard.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cackle, Jun 10, 2010.

1. cackle

cackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    The dogs started going crazy so I went to open the back door to see if our son was home just to be knocked down by the fume of a stunk. We checked the coop and it was not there but the smell seemed to have managed to have made it's way inside.

2. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    [​IMG]

3. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    [​IMG], In summer we have buck that come and pee near our house, and it's made my DM faint already! [​IMG]

4. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Not far from here there is a section of road that I call "skunk alley" because last spring not a day went by that there wasn't a lovely smelling skunk pancake out there....
    DH ran over one with his car and then several months later we had to replace the CV joint on that side.....it still smelled!

I sometimes smell them faintly in our yard, but I don't think they actually come in OUR yard, just the general neighborhood area. Sure doesn't take much to get a whiff!!!!!

5. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    The last time my mom was coming for a few days to stay, our house started to smell like skunk the day before her arrival. We looked all around, but couldn't find it. And what's weird is, the smell seemed worse IN the house, not outside. I finally had to call her and warn her, LOL. She decided to stay extra days with my sister [​IMG]

It lasted about 4 or 5 days then was gone as mysteriously as it started. Gee, I wonder if it's something my DH did to keep his MIL away?? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by