Yuck - There is a skunk in the yard.

cackle

Songster
11 Years
Jul 8, 2008
North Carolina
The dogs started going crazy so I went to open the back door to see if our son was home just to be knocked down by the fume of a stunk. We checked the coop and it was not there but the smell seemed to have managed to have made it's way inside.

sickbyc.gif

Not far from here there is a section of road that I call "skunk alley" because last spring not a day went by that there wasn't a lovely smelling skunk pancake out there....
DH ran over one with his car and then several months later we had to replace the CV joint on that side.....it still smelled!

I sometimes smell them faintly in our yard, but I don't think they actually come in OUR yard, just the general neighborhood area. Sure doesn't take much to get a whiff!!!!!

The last time my mom was coming for a few days to stay, our house started to smell like skunk the day before her arrival. We looked all around, but couldn't find it. And what's weird is, the smell seemed worse IN the house, not outside. I finally had to call her and warn her, LOL. She decided to stay extra days with my sister
wink.png

It lasted about 4 or 5 days then was gone as mysteriously as it started. Gee, I wonder if it's something my DH did to keep his MIL away??
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom