Yummy ~ Mint Chocolate Chip ~ 6+ OE(Blue over Lav.) AND 6+ BBSMarans

aceschix

Songster
10 Years
Oct 18, 2009
New Hampshire
This is for 6+ of each depending on the girls.

These will ship on MONDAY, to ensure safe delivery!

I have a Blue Birchen Marans Rooster over Blue, Blue Splash and Black Copper Marans. Thus the Chocolate chip
wink.png
I have 100% fertility on these in my bator right now.

If you want beautiful DARK eggs you have come to the right place. I think the birds are beautiful too
smile.png

43136_marans_eggs.jpg

And for the MINT ~ That same rooster is covering Lavender Ameraucanas and Split Lav. Ameraucanas. The offspring from these eggs should lay a nice green olive colored egg. I have 100% fertility in my bator right now, 3 are pipped on day 20.5 !

43136_oe_eggs.jpg

I hatched all of these birds here last spring from eggs I got from fellow BYCers (thank you all).

43136_marans_9-2010_3.jpg

43136_marans_9-2010_1.jpg

Please excuse his comb... it has been a moist cold winter
sad.png

43136_chickens_2-2011_9.jpg

43136_chickens_2-2011_8.jpg

43136_chickens_2-2011_10.jpg

Fertility has been great.

We all know the risks associated with buying shipped eggs. I will do my very best and pack them well to protect them from any bumpy rides they may travel. They will be individualy wrapped and pakaged well.

Thank you for looking!

(Disclaimer here to the serious Marans breeders - Bev Davis tells me that my roo is a Blue Marans who is carrying both a silver and a gold gene. Bred with the BCM he should throw Black and Blue Copper Marans. Over the Blue & Splash he should throw Blue/Splash and Blue/Splash birchen, maybe even a Blue Copper.) I will be breeding and culling in the coming years to get to straight Blue Birchen) Bev if you see this feel free to correct anything I may have misenterpreted. Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi there! I am genetics stupid.
smile.png

So, you said "Bred with the BCM he should throw Black and Blue Copper Marans. Over the Blue & Splash he should throw Blue/Splash and Blue/Splash birchen, maybe even a Blue Copper."

So you're saying any of these colors are possible? What about bred with the Lav Ams?

Fantastic egg color and such pretty chickens! I WAWNIT!!!

Quote:
For an F1 cross...BCM to Lav Am...the lavender gene will act as black. So your F1's will likely be blue and black chicks your first round with Olive Eggers that will be "split" to the Lavender gene. Go for it!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
For an F1 cross...BCM to Lav Am...the lavender gene will act as black. So your F1's will likely be blue and black chicks your first round with Olive Eggers that will be "split" to the Lavender gene. Go for it!
thumbsup.gif

Thank you Muggs! You do genetics so much better than I do! I have 6 of these hatching today - 2 out already. I will report out on coloration as soon as they dry...might even be able to get a pic or two
wink.png

Yahooo!!
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
I just heard from last months winner.
ep.gif
She hatched 13 beautiful babies from winning this very same auction!!!
ep.gif
I have asked her to come over and post her pic. I am so happy withthe quality of these eggs!!

Back
Top Bottom