Yup, I'm guilty...used to work at KFC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 2gt2daotherside, Jul 23, 2013.

1. 2gt2daotherside

2gt2daotherside In the Brooder

Jul 22, 2013
    Howdy from California's Central Coast. I was an inner city girl (Baltimore). I didn't see a "real live" chicken until I was 30! I now live on 2 acres, and got my micro flock started. I have six pullets (10 weeks old). I am so pathetically funny as a chicken "farmerette". My 6 girls all have names, and each one knows her own name. I only wanted to start with 4 pullets, but I think the feed store guy thought I better give her 6 if she wants 4 to survive. Ha! I have taken more pictures of my girls than pictures of my hubby. I am looking forward to learning as much as I can, and having as much FUN as I can in this new CHICKEN WORLD! Oh by the way, their favorite song I sing them at feeding time is Beyonce's "All the Single Ladies". Yeah, I know ...but at least my husband is a psychiatric nurse if I go over the edge.

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] we'll over look the part about KFC -it seems you have repented and come over to the chicken side[​IMG]Lots of people name their chickens heck, I even name my plants - don't tell your husband.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Crowing

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! Happy you are enjoying your hens!

4. ktjay34

ktjay34 Hatching

Jul 22, 2013
    Nebraska
    I am new to the site also but we have had chickens on and off through most of my life. None of my own till now. We just hatched out a darling little chick last night from an abandoned clutch that we werent sure would survive at all. So we are really happy! Our chickens are Rocky and the Red Rockettes... (Dont worry my girls like to be sang too also.) Greeting from Nebraska and Good Luck with your girls.

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Welcome to BYC from wine country up in El Dorado county, in the Western Sierra Foothills! :frow

I just took the 5,049th photo on my iPhone. I think less than 150 of those are of anything OTHER than my poultry.

:lol:
    Fifty mature birds, all named. 25 or so juveniles, some are named (some are not going to stay - once young cockerels crow, I have to find a home or send 'em to a friend's Freezer Camp). Two permanent roosters: Carl and Domino. Five geese, named. Four turkeys, named. 30 some Cayuga ducks, two are named. One peacock, named Kevin for the "snipe" in the animated movie "UP!"

I have recently come to the realization I really AM a Crazy Chicken Lady. :gig

I can eat KFC every once in awhile, maybe twice a year at most, mostly because I don't cook, certainly don't fry anything, so it's a treat - plus I don't know the chickens in that bucket. (But I think it's a hoot to give the leftovers to the flock....)

You are SO gonna fit in and enjoy BYC.

6. liz9910

liz9910 Crowing

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC!

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    "If you go over the edge?" [​IMG] Welcome to BYC.

8. DLV58

DLV58 Chirping

May 19, 2013
    Nebraska
    Welcome....Lets see some of those photos

9. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Crowing

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

10. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO.

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: