Yuppies upset with Dogs being shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might have been the first time these paticular dogs got loose but that farmer has prob. had many a loose dog on his property chasing his livestock. He is probably fed up. I can't beleave the number of loose dogs around here. I get tired of chasing them out of my yard and I sure as heck am not going to asume that the are family pets and gentel. How do I know it's a family pet and not a stray. It's loose and in my yard. I throw rocks at them not shoot them but beleave me I have been tempted. I close my gate and still they find there way in occasionally. After awhile frustration takes over and you've just had it. ppl need to keep there pets secured in there yards. Period. If you can't then you will just have to deal with the consaquences. And animal control is out here all the time it dosn't get better. People just get new dogs to replace the ones that were taken and then the new dogs raom the neighborhood. What are we supost to do. Suffer loses because of there irresponsability? I don't think so. My yard is secure and my animals are secure. I will not loose my animal because of someone elses neglagence. Your neglagence your lose. Sorry if this sounds harsh but I have had it with loose dogs.

I have to admit that I am pretty much a dog-hater. Comes from several bad experiences.
hmm.png

We had this brain-damaged yellow lab around the corner who would be loose every other day. And this dog did NOT have the usual yellow lab temperment. This dog was aggressive and mean.

The owner said that she trusted the dog to stay in her yard, because she told the dog to do so. She said her dog was smart enough to understand. This dog was dumber than a bucket of rocks.
roll.png

When she wasn't crapping in my yard (the dog, not the owner) she was standing in my front yard terrorizing the neighborhood children, who of course told their mummy that it was MY dog! That was fun to sort out.

As for the crap on my lawn, each time she did it, I scooped it up with a shovel and lobbed it into the yard of the owners. One time I was a bit overzealous and it splattered all over the side of their house.
lol.png

One night I was working on my computer, and I was visible from the window. That dog stood outside my window, in MY yard, and yapped at me for an hour. Finally I got up, went next door to where Mrs. Bozo was calling the retarded dog, and I took the number from the mailbox.

The woman demanded to know what I was doing, and I told her I was getting her address so i could call animal control. She told me to "get over it."

I called animal control three times on that dog, and each time asked them not to hurt the dog. Eventually the dog attacked a mailman, and the owners were served by the court. They got a hefty fine.

They moved right after that, and I found out later from another neighbor that they left because "All these mean people hate our dog!"
big_smile.png
lol.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Upon reading that story, I side completely with the farmer.

Maybe this will teach those folks that laws are made for a reason.

The dogs escaped Thursday, and were shot Saturday. What was the family doing between the time the dogs escaped and the time they were shot?

Instead of explaining their little Yuppies-to-be that a mean, mean man killed their doggies, maybe Mom and Pop Jenkins should explain that the world is rough place when one considers themself above the law, and that there are consequences for irresponsible actions.

From a dog owner and lovers perspective I still have to agree that if dogs are chasing or threatening livestock a farmer is within their rights to defned his animals. I just don't get people. My dogs don't roam the neighborhood. They don't kill livestock. But it is amazing how many around here do. The owners always do the, "my dog would never do that".

Personally I feel we should quite licencing animals and start licensing animal owners. If they can't control and properly care for theior animals the license is lifted for good.

Ok time for my 2 cents. As well as chickens I am a dog breeder. I have 6 American Bulldogs ( one of which is keeping my feet warm before she goes to sleep with one of my kids for the night. They are very calm loving animals, but they are animals. When they get out, and they do, they chase each other and run amuck. The old woman across the road says if they come in her yard that her live in man friend is going to shoot them. I have always appoligized and made sure everything was in one peice if the outside kids have gove visiting. Not sure where I would fall if someone hurt one of my animals, but I do understand them protecting theirs.

I hope I never find out the situation, but I would have to have good solid evidence that mine were hurting something or someone before I would buy them having to be put down. Otherwise I am coming to get them and it will be ugly!!!

Everyone did well in this thread- I must commend all of you for keeping it civil. For the most part, everyone is of one mind in this particular case. I hope you'll forgive me for locking it now, just because I'd love for it to end without going down another, darker road, as they often do. Thank you, folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom