ZEDONK- Zebra Donkey cross for sale

sweetshoplady- the hybrids could work as a guard animal, but a donkey or llama would work better. I think llamas work the best as guard animals. We have sold llamas as guard animals for everything from chickens to cattle on pasture.

flyingmonkeypoop- first LOL on the name! We raise appaloosa horses in both full size and mini, but they are not a good cross with zebras. Grey or horses with the grey gene, or roan coloration are also not good selections for crossing. We had a leopard app zony, he was out of a zebra stud and a leopard POA mare. The striping only appears on the dark colored background; so his stripes were only visible ion the colored spots. When crossed with paints or pintos- the hybrids will only have stripes in the colored area. As with the grey or roan gene- the striping will usually fade away as the animal greys or roans out.

Randy

th.gif

I've never seen anything like that in my life! My horses would probably fall over dead if I brought one home. They are awfully pretty, though.

Quote:
Bet this is why the one next door to me is so unattractive. There is an amazing difference between your animals and the one they have. It just shows what a little knowledge can do for a breeding program.

Those sure are neat looking!! What a fun animal to have! I've long drooled over your site when you first started selling those blue pheasants. I intend to own some of those...someday! Gorgeous animals you guys raise! Almost like you're living on the other side of the rainbow! LOL!

Stacy

Quote:
Bet this is why the one next door to me is so unattractive. There is an amazing difference between your animals and the one they have. It just shows what a little knowledge can do for a breeding program.

Beautiful animals w/an impressive breeder. If all animals-- from dogs to chickens to horses and so on-- were breed by knowledgeable and responsible people like you the world would be a better place. Thanks for the best piece of eye candy I've seen all day.

Spectrum Ranch,
Thanks for the compliment for my name, it is very original
tongue.png
. Is there any record of zedonks or zorses successfully back crossing with either parent? I know with yaks the female hybrids are fertile for the most part and can be back crossed to either parent. It would be cool to breed back to a horse or donkey just to have some somewhat striped F2 babies.

Back
Top Bottom