Zeke's Breed I don't think is what I was told

WickedChicksNH

Crowing
Oct 2, 2017
New Hampshire
Louie was supposed to be a Rouen, I have a Rouen already. But I have been looking at him as he grows, well I look at him often anyway lol
first thing is he is not growing anywhere near as fast as Gabby my Rouen did, She/he is only a little over a month old, but gabby grew wicked fast.

Her bill seems to be positioned higher on her head also her eyes seem to be higher up, kind of like my runner Zeke, However her bill seems wider and bigger, her feet are orange and black, and her coloring (you'll see in the pics I made the pics large so you can see)
Any idea on what breed he may be?

Thank you
louie2.jpg
louie3.jpg

I was thinking Swedish, however Pippa who was supposed to be a Cayuga ended up being a Swedish, she is a pretty little thing, their head shape and bills are totally different.
I don't think she would be a cross breed as I ordered from a breeder. but who knows, I am curious what the heck she is going to look like and what she is lol
She does look part runner duck though

Thank you for your response

What breeds did the breeder have?
I am not an expert for sure, but it looks like a black swedish. This is obviously not my pic.
Do you have a pic of Pippa to compare?
black-swedish-duck-looking-at-the-camera-uncluttered-green-grass-background-FGKTG3.jpg

what a silly question of course I have a pic of pippa (I am a crazy chicken duck lady and all my human kids are grown ROFL)
pippa on the left Louie on the right

Pippa seems to have much more rounded cheeks and the down on her face is just like she got a haircut, all the same length

pippalouie2.jpg

Honestly, they look similar. The differences could just be male and female characteristics.
Do you have a more recent pic? Like the one of Louie? (But, you have Zeke in the title. Lol. ?)

Back
Top Bottom