I started my first hatch of my own barnyard mixes last month when the weather was fairly cold. I collected the eggs as quick as I could, going down to the nests every few hours. jI live in Western NY and the winter here has been brutal. The polor vortex was really a factor here. I have two young roosters in with 25 2 year old layers and one of my broody buff orps had 2 little chicks in January so I know the eggs are fertile. I selected the best ones with no weak areas on the eggs, weighed each one and put six of them into my brand new Brinsea mini advance. I followed the directions very closely. The humidity was puzzleing and I first added 1/2 amt of water to the one well...then added more to the adjacent well a few days later..just wasn't sure here. I weighed them each week and their overall weight loss was very low...it was far less than what it should be....thus the reason to add more water to the wells. I watched the temps frequently and it would heat to the right temps and the egg turner worked well. The cooling periods were on schedule. But I had no chicks at all. Could anyone enlighten me what I may have done wrong. I'll wait a little bit until it warms up a little for my next batch.. I was so looking forward to this... its a bit discouraging.