Zip ties strong enough to keep coons out?

Quote:
Yikes! No I didn't thanks for that (I think) will still be doing the hardware cloth
fl.gif
but yes, the clips and will try to find heavier duty ones and always lock the chickens in the coop (any sites online with those so I know what to look for???

thanks everyone really helpful information and this all helps me convince my doubting husband.

Thanks Bear Foot..

that's exactly what I needed to see now I'll have a proper reference point when I'm out looking. I don't want any wimpy J-clips or crimpers.....I noticed there is also a pricier J-clip remover....good to know as that was the advantage of the zip ties.

Big help everyone many thanks!!!
love.gif

I use zip ties too. I had a raccoon pull up the netting over my pen, and it broke a few zip ties. It only happened once and it hasn't happened since. Nothing has gotten into our pen except for that time.

Mine are heavy black ones. If I went out there today to remove it, I'd have to cut them off.

At the time, I didn't know about J-clips. Check them both out and see what works best for you
smile.png

Having already experienced my first horrifying coon attack I will not take anymore chances so J-clips it is and who knows....could electrical wire be far away??

My guinea aviary has some of the chicken wire attached to the wooden posts using zip ties. We have coons and possums, but they never seem to go for the zip ties, they usually try to go thru the wire

J-clips...I used them to make guinea pig cages, rabbit cages, etc. I bought at the Country Depot or co-op, a farm hardware store should carry it with the fencing stuff.

Back
Top Bottom