zipped but draining?

Barnmaradotte

Songster
9 Years
Jun 13, 2011
eugene
I'm hoping someone knows what the situation is. I have eggs hatching in the incubator. One hatched very early day 20 and 5 others late day 20. Now it's early day 21 and have an egg that pipped at about 6:pm yesterday and then started zipping at about 8 :45 pm. This morning at 5:30 that chick has zipped but not well enough to hatch entirely. But the part I'm least sure about is the brown fluid coming out of the egg. It appears that the chick is alive because when it breaths out it is forming foamy Yellow bubbles.
Does anyone know the cause for this?

Thanks for your help.

I'm hoping someone knows what the situation is. I have eggs hatching in the incubator. One hatched very early day 20 and 5 others late day 20. Now it's early day 21 and have an egg that pipped at about 6:pm yesterday and then started zipping at about 8 :45 pm. This morning at 5:30 that chick has zipped but not well enough to hatch entirely. But the part I'm least sure about is the brown fluid coming out of the egg. It appears that the chick is alive because when it breaths out it is forming foamy Yellow bubbles.
Does anyone know the cause for this?

Thanks for your help.
I would finish the zip for it and let it out. If they stop for more than 2 hours while zipping they're in trouble. I'm not sure what the fluid could be, perhaps yolk, idk. If you see any active blood veins while zipping, stop and wait. If there are no veins, finish the pip ad stroke the baby's back to encourage him to push off the egg shell.

Any of the others wet and sticky when they hatched out? I'm thinking humidity problem.
Were they shipped eggs? Because I've noticed that random chicks hatching from shipped eggs have problems. Not all of them just one or two.

The other chicks have been fine. The humidity has been 70%.

They aren't shipped eggs.

But you know. Now that I think about it. A couple of the there chick's fluff on there head and necks have not fluffed up entirely. Like maybe they were just a touch sticky.?

So I helped the chick. It was very sticky and still had a yoke about the size of a nickel. There is no way it would have hatched because of how sticky it was.

But why would it zip even though it still had yoke to absorb? Is this a humidity issue? Temp is 99 btw.

So I helped the chick. It was very sticky and still had a yoke about the size of a nickel. There is no way it would have hatched because of how sticky it was.

But why would it zip even though it still had yoke to absorb? Is this a humidity issue? Temp is 99 btw.
Is the baby still alive?

It's not.
It was weird. Though it didn't absorb the yoke, it pipped, zipped and appeared to have had a bowl movement. It seemed to have passed between my first post and helping it out.
Usually they zip and the contractions zipping causes makes the yolk absorb really fast. That's why lots of chicks hatch with swollen open navels. Your humidity probably was too high for them. What has it been through incubation and at lockdown?

Usually they zip and the contractions zipping causes makes the yolk absorb really fast. That's why lots of chicks hatch with swollen open navels. Your humidity probably was too high for them. What has it been through incubation and at lockdown?
35% in incubation. 65-70% during hatch

Back
Top Bottom