Zombies vs. Bears: Predator Proofing...

Easy, build it bear proof and raise Sultans. Sultans have no brains and everyone knows that zombies only eat brains.

BTW, just a joke, I raise Sultans and and I'm pretty sure they have brains.

Just very tiny ones.
hide.gif

Quote:
You haven't seen me first thing Sunday morning then.

yuckyuck.gif

Or me at 4:30 AM Monday prior to my pot of coffee and nicotine supplement.
hide.gif

Em

Oh yes, that flavor of zombie is rich. I prolong the effect by not drinking coffee until AFTER I get to work. My coworkers love me.
big_smile.png

what type of zombies are we dealing with?
fast? slow? medium? the ones that spread by bite or though the air? lurkers? crawlers?

How many 12 year old Ga Tech Engineers are there? um... well, alot in heart anyway. Ya'll, we're just having fun! I call (quietly, in my mind where they can't hear me) certain people on drugs and such that sit around watching tv all day and running amok all night zombies too. But that's outside this topic sorta, because we're just having fun and avoiding reality. This was originally posted in Random Ramblings for fun.

I will now drink my first coffee and quit moaning and waving my arms randomly . . .

I will also now go check all these references you've all supplied me with. Goodness! Have a fun day!

The answer all depends on what you mean by zombies and has a very different answer for each type. For the people that believe talking about zombies is childish (see 12 year old post) the term is often used as a metaphor for people that would attack (loot) your home in a natural disaster. Although very unlikely, a natural disaster could turn your little pet chickens into a vulnerable food supply and you would need a very strong coop to keep "zombies" out. I know most people don't subscribe to the end of the world hype but what if? Would your chickens not be one of your most valuable assets as far as food supply goes?

The infected zombies however are brainless and in order to keep them out you would need something very strong, once they locked onto your chickens they would not stop until they destroyed your coop. Your coop would have to be masonry with a steel door and bolted steel bars on the openings to keep bears or zombies out for any length of time.

Thank you ZombieChicken! So now I will task the Engineer to design (and actually build if I'm incredibly lucky)a bear proof coop with padlocks and that should address all concerns. Such a structure could be repurposed as a secure shed or root cellar? Idk. This has been fun!

Well now, zombies as metaphor explains that one site I was looking at......I couldn't figure out why I needed to convert a closet into a hidden passage to my bolt hole. Now I do!
wink.png

You can build a sturdy coop and hot wire it, to keep out bears. Or at least to attempt to keep out bears. Zombies are the more dangerous threat.

Your chickens will starve to death, after the zombies have eaten your brain
droolin.gif
and you no longer go out to feed them. Poor little chickens...
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom