Beautiful birds, but they are Easter Eggers, not Ameraucana.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE Last post on Yesterday at 9:49 pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cashs Blue Eggs and Araucanas Lanae Cash Willits, CA 95490 email@example.com Last post on 12/17/15 at 6:19pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds - Page 2993post #29922 of 348431/30/16 at 8:46pmpost #29923 of 348431/30/16 at 8:52pmpost #29924 of 348431/31/16 at 7:45amQuote:May I ask what you use as a disinfectant for the eggs and the time to dry before setting in the incubator? Thank you in advance!Originally Posted by FowlStuff
No. Most are Ameraucana eggs, both bantam and LF, in the photo. The bantam white/tinted ones are Vorwerk/Lakenvelder eggs. The large dark brown eggs are from partridge Chanteclers and the large light brown that look pinkish in the photo are from my buff Chanteclers. The eggs are wet and shining from the disinfectant I sprayed on them just before going into the setters. I mentioned in another thread that when the eggs are wet it is the best time sort them for color.post #29925 of 348431/31/16 at 7:58amQuote:
That's good you are happy with them but bottom line, that's not what you were led to believe you were buying. What can we do to eliminate the confusion? Is there anything AA or ABC can do at the hatchery level? It's like the hatcheries are embarrassed to call them what they are EEs and try to capture the allure of a rare breed when they as common as a leghorn. Most of the hatcheries produce beautiful EEs with great variety. They don't need to hide behind smoke and mirrors. They call OEs OEs, let's work on getting them to call EEs EEs.post #29926 of 348431/31/16 at 9:11ampost #29927 of 348431/31/16 at 9:23am
I am a very happy chicken Mama today. I was just given back one of my early fall hatchlings because my friend had too many roos and I needed a black one. This is the second generation of the chicks that I got from Paul Smith two years ago. My pictures aren't great as he is in a temp coop until he settles down and I figure where I am going to put him as I currently have only three pens and there is a rooster in each one with three in the general laying flock. I think he is gorgeous, but I'm the Mom. Please give me your thoughts.post #29928 of 348431/31/16 at 9:25amQuote:Beautiful. Nice shape and sheen. I like the more medium size comb on the Smith birdsOriginally Posted by dstokely
I am a very happy chicken Mama today. I was just given back one of my early fall hatchlings because my friend had too many roos and I needed a black one. This is the second generation of the chicks that I got from Paul Smith two years ago. My pictures aren't great as he is in a temp coop until he settles down and I figure where I am going to put him as I currently have only three pens and there is a rooster in each one with three in the general laying flock. I think he is gorgeous, but I'm the Mom. Please give me your thoughts.post #29929 of 348431/31/16 at 9:32ampost #29930 of 348431/31/16 at 9:35amQuote:That second blue is gorgeous
I only have one with lacing that good. I set my pens up to purposely throw a lot of blues, with one parent being black. Do you know what pairing gave you that girl?
- The Chicken Chapel
- › Child At Heart, Monster By Nature (A Shape Shifting RP) 2 seconds ago
- › Call Duck Drake Flew Away?? 29 seconds ago
- › Guinea Fowl are acting lethargic 49 seconds ago
- › Hands on hatching and help 56 seconds ago
- › The Sussex thread! 1 minute ago
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 1 minute ago
- › Sebright Specs & Standards 1 minute ago
- › New member 2 minutes ago
- › The NFC B-Day Chat Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ^The Two Forests^ A Shapeshifting RP 3 minutes ago
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...