I've been up for hours but good morning anyway😊
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE Last post on 10/5/16 at 1:02pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cashs Blue Eggs and Araucanas Lanae Cash Willits, CA 95490 firstname.lastname@example.org Last post on 12/17/15 at 6:19pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds - Page 3098post #30972 of 348043/5/16 at 8:54amQuote:
Well, here are a couple...
She is out of my breeding and is in pen #1 this year, under a Paul Smith cock.
She is one of the Paul Smith and is in pen #2, under my wheaten cock
This was my keeper blue wheaten cockerel from my breeding last year. He lives in West VA now.post #30973 of 348043/5/16 at 8:56ampost #30974 of 348043/5/16 at 9:03am
The giveaway is no ameraucana chick has the chipmunk pattern. Every chick at hatch will look like the representative chick on the color chart. (Linked in the first reply) You will know exactly how it will mature based on color at hatch.post #30975 of 348043/5/16 at 9:04amQuote:Susan they are really nice!! Hen #2 has beautiful blue in her & Hen #1 is nice as well! She probably does too her angle is different. That rooster is very nice!😀 So do you have a new blue wheaten boy in mind?post #30976 of 348043/5/16 at 9:37amQuote:
Would you have any egg pictures from your Wheaten/Blue Wheatens? I would love to see some pictures of them! I am thinking about getting them.post #30977 of 348043/5/16 at 9:49amQuote:
I'll try to get one when I collect eggs this afternoon.post #30978 of 348043/5/16 at 10:00amQuote:I knew it!! PM me. If I could, I would get whites also!!
Chickens...ahh...chicken math....gotta love them & it!!post #30979 of 348043/5/16 at 10:20amQuote:
Yep! My husband said again today! "So you have enough pens RIGHT!!!" I started to knod my head yes! I looked at him and moved my head in a circular motion! I have it bad!!!post #30980 of 348043/5/16 at 10:37amQuote:
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but....don't spread yourself too thin across multiple varieties. Get comfortable with one or two, then slowly add more. :)
I worked with just the wheatens/blue wheatens for five years before I added blacks, then added blues this year. My plan was to add black and whites last year, but the whites didn't pan out, so I'm adding blues this year. :) I can also tell you that it takes at least two pens per variety to maintain any kind of genetic diversity, and more is better. :)
Not that I don't want to sell you chicks, you understand...:)
- The Chicken Chapel
- › "Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps" 30 seconds ago
- › New member 36 seconds ago
- › Help! Baby Chick With Swollen Eye! 1 minute ago
- › Hi from the UK 1 minute ago
- › Wheezing and sneezing 1 minute ago
- › Dog Killing Cats... 2 minutes ago
- › "Other Poultry Types" Pic of the Week (POW) 3 minutes ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 3 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 3 minutes ago
- › My Pet Chicken Ghoulish Giveaway! 3 minutes ago
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.