Expressive eyes like that!!! or or or My one rooster looks at me like You better not come in my pen!
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE Last post on Yesterday at 8:53 pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cashs Blue Eggs and Araucanas Lanae Cash Willits, CA 95490 firstname.lastname@example.org Last post on 12/17/15 at 6:19pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds - Page 3234post #32332 of 348424/19/16 at 6:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by samouw
Wheatens and blue wheatens don't hatch with slate legs, they color in slowly and may not have full color until they are several months old. These pictures were taken under roof. They are not willow, that would require yellow skin. You can see the pale flesh color on their toes and the bone colored beak
I didn't know that! Thanks for the good info!post #32333 of 348424/19/16 at 6:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by DnDFarm
I just looked back at the pictures of your blacks. The longer I have these birds, the more I'm noticing things I didn't before. That feathering is so tight! Really nice looking birds. My AMs have good feathering, but my new BCM are disappointing me a little. A few are good, most are decent, but a few are downright loose and sloppy looking. I'm so glad I'm doing Ameraucanas, because I'm starting to believe the 90% cull rate on BCM
One of those could be... What was that name again... Samooo..samouw... Oh yeah, Sammy!post #32334 of 348424/19/16 at 6:53pmpost #32335 of 348424/19/16 at 7:11pmQuote:
I want wheatens too!! Though I love me some splash wheatens
I always read it as Samwow, rhymes with Shamwow.... hahahaBe so happy that when others look at you they become happy tooBe so happy that when others look at you they become happy toopost #32336 of 348424/19/16 at 8:14pmpost #32337 of 348424/19/16 at 8:21pmQuote:But he lets you right? Are those " big expressive eyes" filled with love or rage? Lolpost #32338 of 348424/19/16 at 8:38pm
This is probably discussed somewhere on this thread, but not easy to find, so...
I have an Americauna (really an Easter Egger, I think) from Privett Hatchery who started to lose the feathers under her chin at about 6 months old. She is now one year and has quite a large bare one her throat right under her chin. It looks like normal skin, but is not growing feathers back in. I have never seen another bird pick a feather from her, so I wonder what is going on. Her sister is just now starting to show the same feather loss under the chin. They do not appear to be molting.post #32339 of 348424/19/16 at 8:39pmpost #32340 of 348424/19/16 at 9:20pm
- The Chicken Chapel
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 21 seconds ago
- › Sick hen 30 seconds ago
- › Bugs in Feed 41 seconds ago
- › The Old Folks Home 2 minutes ago
- › NY chicken lover!!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Anything Art :) 2 minutes ago
- › Oriental Gamefowl Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Landscaping and Plantings for a Free Range Flock 3 minutes ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 4 minutes ago
- › Cayuga ducks and winter 4 minutes ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...