That pic needs to be pic of the week :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this and is it boy or girl? Last post on 5/24/16 at 1:26pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Gender with head spot Last post on 6/6/16 at 2:21pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Will Pure Black Ameraucana Roo over Barred Rock, Domonique and Cuckoo Maran Hens make Olive Egg... Last post on 12/27/15 at 4:27pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Dominique Roo x White Plymouth Rock Hen? Last post on 4/3/16 at 6:45am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Villano FlockLast edited: 2/2/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Dominique Staggered Not Quite Black On Not Quite White BarringLast edited: 1/10/12
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
Dominique Thread! - Page 436post #4352 of 49401/22/16 at 6:37amQuote:Originally Posted by THeelChickinKY
That picture just made my day! One time I walked outside eating a sandwich and our alpha roo did that same move -jumped straight up - and snatched it out of my hand!
I teach science camps in the backyard during the summer. The chickens usually stay clear of large groups of strangers but Tyrion (a fearless EE hen) is the exception. During our lunch break, some of the impulsive kids were throwing a few bread crusts to the chickens to lure them closer. One girl (who was obeying the Don't feed the animals rule) was quietly eating her sandwich at the picnic table. All of a sudden, Tyrion lands on her leg & rips into her sandwich from the opposite side. Tyrion kept eating as the little girl screamed in surprise. I suppose it must have been a really good sandwich! Of course the boys who were throwing the bread crusts were completely jealous. LOLpost #4353 of 49401/22/16 at 6:38ampost #4354 of 49401/22/16 at 10:12ampost #4355 of 49401/23/16 at 8:46ampost #4356 of 49401/24/16 at 11:30ampost #4357 of 49401/24/16 at 5:40pmpost #4358 of 49401/25/16 at 7:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Faraday40
Here's a strange pic I got today. I called the flock over using a piece of bread & got my pic in focus. All of a sudden, my Dom decides she doesn't want to pose & jumped for the bread instead.
I got her just as she popped up off the ground.
I like the shadow of her feet.
One of the coolest chicken pictures I've seen! Awesome shot!post #4359 of 49401/30/16 at 2:32ampost #4360 of 49401/30/16 at 3:42am
- The Villano Flock
- › Vermont 16 seconds ago
- › Crossbeak getting picked on? 16 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 19 seconds ago
- › PRobitics 46 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 52 seconds ago
- › Results from First Year with Deep Litter Method 2 minutes ago
- › Just In Time Hatching Egg AUCTION and BIN Thread 2 minutes ago
- › *A Dangerous War*a Fantasy RP 2 minutes ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 4 minutes ago
- › New Chicken owner 4 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Coq au Vin
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page