why are some splash polish as white as white with black spots and some grey with black spots?????
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemSilkietagged by System, 10/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Percentages of different breeds in my crosses Last post on 6/25/15 at 7:51am in Random Ramblings
- Swimming Silkie ?!? Last post on 5/7/15 at 8:03am in Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying
- Showing Silkies question.... Last post on 4/13/16 at 3:24pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Silkie breeding, genetics & showing Last post on 8/13/16 at 5:54pm in Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard of Perfection
- silkies doing well Last post on 6/15/16 at 1:26am in General breed discussions & FAQ
How to Take Your Chicken Photography to a Whole New Level-...
Last edited: 4/13/16
- Silkie White By JerseychicksLast edited: 1/10/12
- Silkie White By 3 N C Chicken Chick 3Last edited: 1/10/12
- Silkie Red By GallateaLast edited: 1/10/12
- Silkie RedLast edited: 1/10/12
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
The American Paint Silkie - Page 209
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2082 of 21141/28/16 at 11:39ampost #2083 of 21141/28/16 at 12:05pmQuote:No, that is not correct. I hatched out 10 eggs that were from a black roo over paint hens and had 3 paint, 2 white, 1 partridge, and 4 black chicks. This is the closet chart I could find. Just keep in mind when it shows the white to black, it's referring to white and black split to paint (so the offspring of paint parents).post #2084 of 21143/2/16 at 4:03am
just hatched out this loud paint showgirl last night! i am getting a lot of my 3rd generations hatching out with wild skin patterns too. sorry for crap photo, i need a good working camera.7 colours of D'uccles, Paint and mixed silkies/showgirls, chocolate and red cuckoo English orpingtons and LF black cochins --the goal is to get the chocolate gene in all my lines! working on barrred d'uccles too.7 colours of D'uccles, Paint and mixed silkies/showgirls, chocolate and red cuckoo English orpingtons and LF black cochins --the goal is to get the chocolate gene in all my lines! working on barrred d'uccles too.post #2085 of 21143/2/16 at 2:15pmpost #2086 of 21144/21/16 at 9:05ampost #2087 of 21144/23/16 at 7:02pmpost #2088 of 21144/23/16 at 7:05pmpost #2089 of 21145/3/16 at 3:32pmpost #2090 of 21145/4/16 at 5:30am
They are a pure white with black/blue speck on the body covering the whole or most of the feather. They can resemble a white splash polish chicken. The splash silkie is a blue color background. They are very different. If you breed paint to paint it will not breed true(not just paint in the offspring). A splash to a splash will breed true and you will get just splash.
- Silkie White By Jerseychicks
- › unknown attack 13 seconds ago
- › Fall/Autumn Poultry PHOTO Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/... 1 minute ago
- › It's a Strange World, After All - A mythical role play 1 minute ago
- › spurs,2 2 minutes ago
- › The Q&A Game! 2 minutes ago
- › What treat did your chickies get today? 3 minutes ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 3 minutes ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 4 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 4 minutes ago
- › Topic of the Week - Broody hens 4 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.