Well, I have a question. Is anyone selling some Roos? today, I found a pile of feathers with skin and fatty tissues attached outside of the pen, but no body to be found. That pretty pic of my roos,, is no more. I will have to wait for next spring, but will be will to pay for either live hatching eggs or sexed chicks and the shipping. It looks like I have a great horned owl targeting my flock. My fault as its an open top pen, but that will change soon. I want so bad to set up high voltage to quick fry what ever is killing my birds.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Is it to early to guess a gender? Last post on 8/1/16 at 1:36pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Need help with breeds! Last post on 3/9/13 at 8:17am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is this rooster? Last post on 1/12/12 at 5:18am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- New flockmates! Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:47pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help sexing wyandotte chickens- 2 weeks on update Last post on 6/22/16 at 8:47am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
Last edited: 1/23/12
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Wyandotte Silver Laced Wyandotte By Cat1994Last edited: 1/10/12
- Wyandotte Silver Laced By CarondesignLast edited: 1/10/12
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
The Rhodebar thread! - Page 297
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2962 of 306410/13/15 at 8:24pmpost #2963 of 306410/22/15 at 5:48pm
I had some rhodebars and kept the rooster that is on my avatar. I was getting green eggs off the rhodebar pullets so they went to a place when they were hens as green egg layers. I kept the roo to see if he threw the blue egg gene and put him over welsummers. Look what I have in this welsummer X Rhodebar pullets first egg! From left to right Welsummer, buckeye, and the olive egg (WelsummerXRhodebar). This is a good way to determine if the roo is throwing an off gene and he is now going to a good place as well. Of course I love the olive color.post #2964 of 306410/22/15 at 10:29pmpost #2965 of 306410/23/15 at 10:37am
Does anyone else have both Rhodebars and Bielefelders?
They seem very similar to me. Some slight color and size variations. The BF's are not laying yet, I hope they lay as well as the Rhodebars. I am considering putting my spare BF roo over some RB hens to see of the resulting hybrids are autosexing and perhaps even better layers. Has anyone tried that hybrid already?post #2966 of 306410/23/15 at 1:14pmpost #2967 of 306410/23/15 at 1:17pmpost #2968 of 306410/23/15 at 2:45pmQuote:
I was just hoping for some reason that the rooster was not throwing that green gene. Oh well, I have a home he is going to that does not care about egg color as long the chicken looks good.post #2969 of 306410/23/15 at 2:47pm
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
- › ~°~ The Unsafe World - A Werewolf Role Play ~°~ 11 seconds ago
- › Chickens Crop 18 seconds ago
- › Homesteaders 19 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 25 seconds ago
- › Arizona Chickens 26 seconds ago
- › October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!! 36 seconds ago
- › Baby bunny with a tilted head??***update with pics**** 50 seconds ago
- › HELP ME QUICK!!!! 51 seconds ago
- › White Hawk 1 minute ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 1 minute ago
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.