Originally Posted by hbhoffman
Glad everyone's ok! I am off work the next two and supposed to be decluttering and cleaning then heading south to see my mom and brothers. Please pray. It was NOT a good visit last time ending with being threatened to calling the the police by my angry brother. My mother was stressed and said many unkind things about my family, my children and my husband. I swore I would never go back but I don't want it to end that way after years of rebuilding a relationship. So please pray. Hoping with less people and less time and less stress and me renting a car in case I need to leave, It will work better this time.
My daughter and I are going back to the Dominican Republic this summer!!! YEA!! We both are excited about returning and nervous due to needing to raise the money- $3,500!
I hope God has a few sheep or a cow he can sell!
AARgh,,, where did the time go?? Hugs!
Good luck with the relationship between you and your mom. I've chose to sever ties with much of my family. It was very freeing and my only regret is that I didn't choose to do it earlier on in life. Long stories and very bad circumstances, but all is well with the remainder of my family.
Phil, went fishing......you know how I was looking forward to it, well they say a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work, still true, but today almost pushed it to the limit.
1st time taking boat out is always just working out the "bugs". Here's a list of the issues we had.
1. When we got to the lake, the game warden was there and was informing everyone of the regatta that was taking place and 3/4 of the lake was closed for the regatta. It was also very windy today.
2. Fish were biting sparingly and we only caught throwbacks. None were big enough. The usual stuff happened. DD got her line stuck on the bottom a couple times. Usual.
3. Boat motor would not start when we were ready to head back to the dock.
4. The battery to the backup (trolley) motor died.
5. As I was paddling so we could tie the rope to a stump & hubby could work on motor, the oar broke!
6. All the stress and pulling of the stater rope was making hubby have chest pains.
7. When he finally got it started, we got to the dock & we all got out of the boat. Generally, I hold the rope, hubby goes to get the truck & trailer.....he handed the rope to me & it broke!!!! There goes our boat...engine running in neutral, floating away quickly.
8. A very nice man in an oncoming boat, pushed our runaway boat back towards the dock, But, somehow knocked it into gear, so the boat slammed into the dock, and did a bit of damage to the boat, but we are still very appreciative!
9. Hubby jumped back into the boat while I fetched the truck & trailer. The motor died......again.
10. Everyone is starting to line up at the loading ramp. Waiting on us. He finally gets it to go then puts it on the trailer crooked. It busted out the trailer tail light. And is STUCK on the trailer nearly sideways. I had to get in the water, gym shoes, pants and all & push it backwards to get it unstuck. I was soaked and the water was not warm. It was in the low 40s this morning.
I've never been so glad to make it home! Aggravating day, but in the end, we still had a good time spending time with each other.