My leukemia's back.

Pics

donrae

Hopelessly Addicted
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Jun 18, 2010
Southern Oregon
I really haven't wanted to post this, but denial can only take you so far.......

Some of my byc family remembers I was diagnosed with leukemia in June 13. I did all the chemo and had a clean bone marrow in Feb 14, indicating remission. Well, that didn't last. My labs started dropping and I had another bone marrow biopsy, it confirmed I'm relapsed. I go back to OHSU in Portland on Tuesday for induction chemo again. This means a 4-6 week stay, 250 miles from home
sad.png
. It's going to be quite a challenge for my family. My honey's having a hard time not being able to be with me, but he's got to hold down the fort at home. The boys aren't happy, of course, but at least we've had some warning this time. After Induction and some more chemo, they'll be looking for a bone marrow donor since I don't have appropriate siblings. This whole process is going to take a long, long time.

I know God's got my back with this, and it's His plan no matter what happens. It's just hard being so far from my family. And then even when I can come home, I'll be immune compromised and have to live like a germaphobe again--most of you know I'm pretty much the opposite of that!

So, I'd again encourage anyone who is able to donate blood. Not specifically for me, but for everyone like me out there who relies on a transfusion to keep going.

All my friends who are praying folk--your prayers are always accepted! For those who aren't praying people, feel free to start any time
hugs.gif

Don, Rachel was not only a great member of our community but also such a wonderful person.

When I started this community 10 years ago I never could have imagined situations like this. I know there's been a lot of sadness and there will be much grief around the loss of such an amazing person, but I'm glad she found so much love and support from our community!

All my best for you and your family as you go through this period. Please let me know if there's anything we can do to help!

I'm sorry to have to tell you all..... Our Rachel passed away this morning. Comfortably. Peacefully. And oh so Loved! Thank you all for being such a large part of her life. No amount of time or preparation makes this day any easier.

I love you all because of the love you shared with Rae!

Don

Her love for you and the boys was expressed constantly. Her common sense and joy in life was always evident. She made an impact and will be remembered. I am saddened personally and for your loss, but her faith was great and she has moved on to a better place. :hugs

Hi every buddy! This is sugar monkey, typing in for my mom. She asked me to come and give you all an update. She is back home on Hospice; now we're just waiting for her to go see Jesus. She's not having much pain, so that's a good thing, but she has no vision and that's very frustrating.

"I love you guys all so much. You've been such a strong support for me over the past few years. It wasn't suppose to end like this, but I guess this is what God wants for me. So it's how I'm going to try and exit gracefully. I thank you all for your wishes and your prayers. Thank you for sharing yourselves with me. It's been a wonderful ride. I appreciate each and every one of you so much."

Thank you,
RachelBB

Sugar monkey again,
Thank you all so very much for the happiness that you brought to my mother. I know that you all have been a wonderful source of joy for her.

With gratitude,
smB

Forgot to show this to you. Linda's oldest daughter Shanna has been best friends with her classmate Kayla since they were in first grade. Both are now in their early 40s and still as inseparable as ever. The night Linda passed away, Kayla gave one of these to each of us 3 sisters, a different style to each of Linda's 3 daughters, yet another style for each of her 8 granddaughters, and key fobs for all the boys, Linda's hubby, and our brother Ron, with the appropriate relationship on every single one. Amazing, and mine hasn't been off since.

IMG_0476.JPG

Posted (fb) today by Don:

It's so hard to believe....... Rachel is still hanging in there. She was told about a month ago that she would loose this battle. Go home. Say your good-byes. The team of 4 doctors and other health care professionals, all experts in their field, estimated her passing within 2 days to 2 weeks. Yet, here we are. Only GOD knows our time, and HE has not called her home. She is at peace and we are keeping her comfortable. I tell you that I have not been through a tougher trial and I find peace in knowing that We serve a Good and Merciful GOD! He Deserves ALL OUR PRAISE!

I'm sorry to have to tell you all..... Our Rachel passed away this morning. Comfortably. Peacefully. And oh so Loved! Thank you all for being such a large part of her life. No amount of time or preparation makes this day any easier.

I love you all because of the love you shared with Rae!

Don
I am so sorry. Rachel will be truly missed here and she was a huge force here on BYC. I am so glad she passed on with such love surrounding her. If we could all have that same passing, our lives would be richer for it.

Back
Top Bottom