“Share Helpful Backyard Poultry TIPS” a Random Posting CONTEST Thread ~ Hosts, Mike & Sally

chunnel.jpg
http://happyeggs.com/category/poultry-housing/
car-chicken-coop.jpg

http://homefarmideas.com/index.php?...c&catid=27&id=8&limitstart=10&Itemid=204#1328

Great info and LOVE the mic stand idea! How handy!

I know my light isn't quite that many lumens but good to know if/when I switch up to higher power! The one I have right now is pretty great but I don't have any SUPER dark eggs at the moment.
1f60a.png

love all these ideas... question.. my streamlight gets really hot.. will that heat hurt the baby inside?

Get Rid of Mice With Peppermint Altoids

By Mel Frank
When you have mice in the home, it's crucial to figure out a way to get rid of them as quickly as possible. If you have peppermint Altoids on hand, you can forget the trip to your local pest control store, and instead use the peppermint Altoids as a natural mouse repellent. The little rodents cannot stand the scent of peppermint, and will go nowhere near it, allowing these small candies to double as an inexpensive mouse repellent.
b8542c3c-dea0-4af9-9989-30cb45d9baaa.jpg

(Alfredo Tisi/Demand Media)
Things You'll Need

• Hammer or mallet
  • Spray bottle
  • Dish soap
  • Peppermint Altoids
  • Plastic sandwich bags
  • Water

I found this very helpful picture/illustration/informational article. If you can't decide between ducks and chickens... this is incredibly helpful!

Here's the blog I found it on... Bit Of Earth Farm
EDIT: I just realized the blog I found this article on was sharing it too. It's originally from HERE. I would recommend checking out the website the article is from because they have even more info about chickens, ducks, and chickens vs ducks.

You will probably have to click on it to enlarge it because it's so small.

Last edited:
for broody hens i use a compost bin like below (with a door on the bottom)

then put it on top of two pieces wood and draw a circle around the bottom then slip them in the bottom then all you have to do is cut a window out the of the bin like below and put mesh over it

its all ready inside because i have a semi broody pekin who is going to hatch some out when she is fully broody

Huge thanks to ALL the amazing posts and threads with info for us newbies.

I hatched my first two babies. 1 had bad feet and sprawled legs but I have him in the mend thanks to posts you all shared. The bigger one is CC and the smaller one is peeler.

Peeler was a surprise...it pipped on the wrong side and by the time I line it he was already shrink wrapped.. But I could hear him clicking and read @Sally Sunshine posts several times...followed it to the T and he survived..

I am so thankful to everyone!

I also learned that my Roo isn't doing his job because the only two eggs that hatched look like my Neighbors Roo, Definately not my welsummers
Lol

Back
Top Bottom