šŸ£šŸ„Black Copper Marans and Whiting True Blues. Lots of videosšŸŽ„

Any progress on the tractor coop?
I got the framing all cut and partially assembled. The angles were a little tricky at the peaks.
IMG_1105.jpeg
IMG_1108.jpeg
IMG_1113.jpeg
IMG_1116.jpeg
IMG_1115.jpeg

I thought I was following this thread but I guess I never posted in it so it got lost. Iā€™m interested to see how those tractors work out for you. I have plans to hatch out chicks in the spring so Iā€™ll need a way to house them. I look forward to seeing your progress both on the tractor and the chicks.

I thought I was following this thread but I guess I never posted in it so it got lost. Iā€™m interested to see how those tractors work out for you. I have plans to hatch out chicks in the spring so Iā€™ll need a way to house them. I look forward to seeing your progress both on the tractor and the chicks.
Was thinking the same thing... šŸ‘
Just for day runs, tho.

Was thinking the same thing... šŸ‘
Just for day runs, tho.
Iā€™m thinking about a couple tractors with a shared electric fence to keep the predators away. My biggest threat is probably hawks and eagles. Iā€™m sure there are raccoons, skunks, fox, coyotes etc in the area but Iā€™m right on the highway sans do far I have never seen any signs of them on the property.

Iā€™m thinking about a couple tractors with a shared electric fence to keep the predators away. My biggest threat is probably hawks and eagles. Iā€™m sure there are raccoons, skunks, fox, coyotes etc in the area but Iā€™m right on the highway sans do far I have never seen any signs of them on the property.
That's a good idea. If you have a live trap... Set it for a few nights with sardines or tuna. You'll find out in a hurry what you got prowling around.

IMG_1154.jpeg

Iā€™ve got the basic frame assembled. I need to get some hardware and then Iā€™ll start putting the panels and wire on. Itā€™s bigger than I intended, but I think the chickens will like it.

Back
Top Bottom