12-Week-Old Easter Egger Pullet or Roo?

I know this is an EE but the coloring looks to me like a Golden Hamburg, to which, she has the female coloring. So the coloring doesn't necessarily scream cockerel to me.

https://backyardpoultry.iamcountryside.com/chickens-101/hamburg-chicken-breed-profile/

golden-penciled-hamburg-hen-by-David-Goehring.jpg

How many other cockerels do you have I had a roo that flew right under my radar when we re homed the cockerels he crowed at 15 weeks. Your bird could be hiding his male traits or just be a late developer but I’m leaning cockerel.
This is a picture of him at 19 weeks old I didn’t have a good picture of him about your birds age.

Attachments

• F604A6B9-1E49-4A71-8317-DAF5DC7DEFA9.jpeg
    F604A6B9-1E49-4A71-8317-DAF5DC7DEFA9.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 12
Hi there,

I have an Easter egger that I’m pretty sure is a Pullet but at the same time, her stance and tail look very roo-like to me. Plus, she (he?) is is the bully of the flock and can be aggressive.

What makes me think she’s a pullet— her comb is still pretty small in par with my other hens, she’s the same size as the rest of my girls if not a tiny bit smaller, and she hasn’t tried to crow yet.

What makes me think she might be a cockerel is her body shape/stance, her straight up tail, and how her head feathers are very markedly different in color to her body. Also her tail feathers look very rounded.

Anyway, I actually do want a roo, so if she is one, then I have my roo already — if not I have found a roo that needs a home, I just can’t take him until I’m sure.

View attachment 3515563View attachment 3515564View attachment 3515565View attachment 3515566
Roo.

Back
Top Bottom