13th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are not helping....

1650641342396.png

Edit: I now have 4 Pavlovskaya babies, one pipped, and 5 going into lockdown tomorrow.

Last edited:
I tried to say that the other day and someone got all over me. But it's true in my experience as well.

I should have Pavlovskaya babies today. 5 of 5 eggs have pipped and 5 more go into lockdown tomorrow.

Live stream if interested. We have a zipper right now:
A lot of breeds like that can be about 75% sexed by down color. Not super accurate and should not be used to sell sexed chicks though.

I have 4 days left until my eggs are supposed to hatch. I paid a pretty penny for them. Ameraucana and Black Copper Maran eggs shipped to me. I'm going to be sad if none of them hatch... took me a few days to figure out the incubator issues I had (had to order a cord in the mail because mine was missing). There was one night it got cool in the greenhouse where the eggs were... so I sure hope they didn't die on me.

1650737717641.png

My Pavlovskaya babies are so different in physical conformation. They stand up very tall and one can see how they turn into the above adult from hatch. I had to raise the heat plate for them! And their legs are, like, bolted onto the side of the chicken vs. the undercarriage. They also seem like bullies. I put 5 of them in with 2 three day olds, thinking they'd get picked on and they're like 'Hell no.' from second one with the older ones. I'll have 5 more hatching in a few days, God willing.

I think the accuracy is determined greatly by the line.

Some lines have clear male and female down, and others don't.
It is also breed specific. If the breed is not listed as auto sexing, it is not going to be much more than 75% accurate.

Point to stress---DO NOT SELL THEM AS SEXED PULLETS unless they are an auto sexing breed or a sex link cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom