15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Pics
I could have typed this same exact response, 😆 I also have my blink mini in front of my incubator so I can see what's going on while I'm at work. I bought them for added security, but I think I do more chicken stalking than anything🤣
I'm looking into them now so I can stalk my chickens!

It's an indoor/outdoor Blink cam. I just bought another because I don't want to put this one back in the woods. I already have the sync module so this was just the camera. We have about five of these around the property and they pick up the wi-fi from an amazing distance, like inside our coop.

These were the ones that were hatching two days ago.

View attachment 3784191
I have ring cams to stalk my coops but now you have me wondering/wishing for a mini version!

Two chicks this morning!
IMG_2898.jpeg

Had to do my first assist! 😬 Poor little guy had unzipped last night/yesterday evening. Saw it when I got home at ten. Woke up this morning and she was still in the same unzipped position. Used some tweezers to slowly chip away egg shell and coconut oil to moisten the membrane that had dried at the unzipping point. Poor baby's wing had gotten stuck to dry membrane 😓 Shes out and doing well! What a stressful start to the morning!
20240328_072411.jpg
20240328_072852.jpg

But, the hatch is almost complete! So far 18 of the 19 have hatched! So excited!

Had to do my first assist! 😬 Poor little guy had unzipped last night/yesterday evening. Saw it when I got home at ten. Woke up this morning and she was still in the same unzipped position. Used some tweezers to slowly chip away egg shell and coconut oil to moisten the membrane that had dried at the unzipping point. Poor baby's wing had gotten stuck to dry membrane 😓 Shes out and doing well! What a stressful start to the morning!
View attachment 3784272View attachment 3784273

But, the hatch is almost complete! So far 18 of the 19 have hatched! So excited!
That's awesome!!!! 🤞 for that last one!!!

I have ring cams to stalk my coops but now you have me wondering/wishing for a mini version!

Two chicks this morning! View attachment 3784267
That's pretty good actually. You get reflection but for the purposes we use cameras for, it doesn't have to be an award-winning photo lol.

How do you clean that lid? Hubby took ours apart once, but since I saw that PIA, I use canned air since, but nothing gets all that fine fuzz that goes between the layers of the lid.

Back
Top Bottom