2 embryo in 1 egg? Please look at picture

Pics
Impressive bruise, Lucy. In a word, OUCH! You are to be commended for not going full postal on them. I know they aren't trying to hurt you on purpose but........

As the old saying goes, they are not feeling a thing.

I know it's hard right now for you to even want to eat or drink anything but have you tried to drink extra water when you are scheduled for chemo so your veins are nice and plump? Dehydration can make even good veins hard to hit.

I'd put a cold compress on my hand or arm after a puncture and as soon as you get home to keep the bruising and swelling down.

As for Insurance. I'm a victim of Obamacare also. I had paid for my own catastrophic policy for years and was told that it was being canceled due to not being up to standard. In the next sentence they offered me another policy that was only 900 dollars a month.
th.gif
I wasn't making that kind of money, even making good money. That was two weeks worth of pay for me so I got pushed into Obamacare also. This years policy is a freaking joke. The only way I made my deductible last year was by going to the ER for stitches. This year my deductible is even higher and my doctor is out of network which means I'll be paying out of pocket every time I have to go in to have my spine re-aligned. I'm only a year and a half away from medicare and I can tell these jokers to stick it where the sun don't shine. It can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned. We were only offered Blue Cross Blue Shield Anthem in Missouri. So much for keep your insurance plan, keep your doctor.

Lucy, as soon as your insurance kicks in, DEMAND an IV port. I'm brassy enough that I would ask them if there was any way they could do one and get around the insurance problem. I had a friend back in Illinois who had recurrent breast cancer and was tapped out financially because of it. She got on a state assistance program for women with reproductive cancers that picked up anything her own insurance didn't cover. Sometimes hospitals, especially if they are what I call "God" hospitals, meaning they are church owned and sponsored, offer financial assistance that would help you get procedures that would make enduring the hell of chemo easier.

Bless you for your kind words. I'm really enjoying your movies and pictures. You are a very talented shutter bug,girl!

Wow Lucy you are an incredible brave woman- I faint at a PICTURE of a needle..... Your such an inspiration.

I love your video of the ducks, it's hilarious. I love how your Pekins just plough through all of the other ducks for their Breakfest.

They are like mini bulldozers, move outta my way we are starving, it's been 2 hours since we last ate
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

That day was extra special because TWRA was out setting traps to catch the snapping turtles and they all got to witness the ducks flying up to me. Which idk I felt like big Pete showing off my feathered friends :) since we allow them to trap turtles for research we have a wonderful relationship with them and they come out at least once a month to study the Mallards, their migratory patterns etc. I'm pretty sure that day blew their minds :)

Impressive bruise, Lucy. In a word, OUCH! You are to be commended for not going full postal on them. I know they aren't trying to hurt you on purpose but........

As the old saying goes, they are not feeling a thing.

I know it's hard right now for you to even want to eat or drink anything but have you tried to drink extra water when you are scheduled for chemo so your veins are nice and plump? Dehydration can make even good veins hard to hit.

I'd put a cold compress on my hand or arm after a puncture and as soon as you get home to keep the bruising and swelling down.

As for Insurance. I'm a victim of Obamacare also. I had paid for my own catastrophic policy for years and was told that it was being canceled due to not being up to standard. In the next sentence they offered me another policy that was only 900 dollars a month.:th I wasn't making that kind of money, even making good money. That was two weeks worth of pay for me so I got pushed into Obamacare also. This years policy is a freaking joke. The only way I made my deductible last year was by going to the ER for stitches. This year my deductible is even higher and my doctor is out of network which means I'll be paying out of pocket every time I have to go in to have my spine re-aligned. I'm only a year and a half away from medicare and I can tell these jokers to stick it where the sun don't shine. It can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned. We were only offered Blue Cross Blue Shield Anthem in Missouri. So much for keep your insurance plan, keep your doctor.

Lucy, as soon as your insurance kicks in, DEMAND an IV port. I'm brassy enough that I would ask them if there was any way they could do one and get around the insurance problem. I had a friend back in Illinois who had recurrent breast cancer and was tapped out financially because of it. She got on a state assistance program for women with reproductive cancers that picked up anything her own insurance didn't cover. Sometimes hospitals, especially if they are what I call "God" hospitals, meaning they are church owned and sponsored, offer financial assistance that would help you get procedures that would make enduring the hell of chemo easier. 

Bless you  for your kind words. I'm really enjoying your movies and pictures. You are a very talented shutter bug,girl!

Thank you so much for those pointers for future reference I can look back on if needed. Unfortunately I stay dehydrated because I am type 1 diabetic so whatever I put in comes back out and doesn't really have time to hydrate me. The nurse on that particular day was just in a bad mood and for whatever reason didn't take kindly to me, which I still don't know why or what it was about me she didn't like. I normally don't have any issues with the oncology nurses, I guess maybe she was having a bad day and my hand paid for it. Yesterday was much better, still had the catty nurse but I was on defense mode and told her up front we were going to mutalate my veins again. Hopefully our paths won't cross next week because I did file a complaint with human resources. I'm rambling, so I will close with saying THANK YOU for all the helpful information!!! Xoxo

They are like mini bulldozers, move outta my way we are starving, it's been 2 hours since we last ate
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

That day was extra special because TWRA was out setting traps to catch the snapping turtles and they all got to witness the ducks flying up to me. Which idk I felt like big Pete showing off my feathered friends
smile.png
since we allow them to trap turtles for research we have a wonderful relationship with them and they come out at least once a month to study the Mallards, their migratory patterns etc. I'm pretty sure that day blew their minds
smile.png
that is so cool! thats great that they trap the turtles for you, hopefully they take them away too!
hugs.gif
now rest and relax, and i will be anxiously awaiting more baby pictures

Good on you for reporting Nurse Rachet. ABSOLUTELY under NO circumstances is taking your bad mood out on a patient acceptable nursing behavior. I've went toe to toe with a nurse or two when my mother was dying. When I told her doc about the problems I was having and how I handled it, he didn't scold me or tell me I was over reacting. He said good for you. If you are not her advocate they could kill her. Sometimes you have to be the squeaky wheel and your own best advocate.

Keep up the good work.

As far as the crabby nurses are concerned. Remember. Karma can be a real you know what. It will come around and bite them on the backsides when they least expect it.

Back
Top Bottom