2014 New York Chickenstock

Gramma...I do hold onto each and everyone of the roos, for a little bit...Even though I have the space to provide nice homes for all of them, I choose not to. Ill give an example...because they are autosexers, if I hatched out 17 roos and 6 hens...I hold onto all the roos and put out feelers for any lookers for them...if within a week I hear nothing...most likely 12 with be culled. these roosters, while rare, are still roosters. They can be used to create Olive eggers because of the blue egg gene they carry...which has been their saving grace for the most part...I'm always holding onto spares and growing out some. They have to be mated with another bird that is autosexable, like with the barred gene, to get the autosexing to work. They can't just be mated to any hen...

Luckily, no one blinks when I tell them Ill sell them some BUT they have to take a roo or three!! Lol

I dont think they will even be auto sexing if you mate to a barred gene chicken. Like barred rocks they use head dots to see sex not back down color. I know you can't make blacksexlinks with the barred rock since both parrents will carry the barred genes. I just did a search seems they cam cross with rhodebar gold bar and welbars to make auto sexing chicks. I hate chicken genetics gets confusing.

Have to nudge - global warming is actually a change - and the change is - in Australia and California and Texas - they are having record heat and drought .... we are lucky as we are having the opposite - and it is hard but at least we can live through it.

Changing climate means EXTREMES of weather - not that YOU personally will be hotter than you have been. Bigger storms, changes in average temps and record setting highs and lows.

This is even if it is a natural change in climate .... so natural or helped along by men .... if things ARE changing - then let's prepare for it. Not a political issue - a survival issue.

But my own peeve is the "out my window assessment"

as I am sure Rancher - knowing you are a humorous fellow
wink.png
That is said in a joking manner, but some read it and nod and say Yeah, we are being lied to about this ..... when they just don't understand what it means ... it means globally - things are already a few degrees hotter than they was ...... So plant some shade trees, they help with flooding too.

Have to nudge - global warming is actually a change - and the change is - in Australia and California and Texas - they are having record heat and drought .... we are lucky as we are having the opposite - and it is hard but at least we can live through it.

Changing climate means EXTREMES of weather - not that YOU personally will be hotter than you have been. Bigger storms, changes in average temps and record setting highs and lows.

This is even if it is a natural change in climate .... so natural or helped along by men .... if things ARE changing - then let's prepare for it. Not a political issue - a survival issue.

wink.png
That is said in a joking manner, but some read it and nod and say Yeah, we are being lied to about this ..... when they just don't understand what it means ... it means globally - things are already a few degrees hotter than they was ...... So plant some shade trees, they help with flooding too.
thumbsup.gif
(that's what I tell anyone who will listen. Both the fact our snow might be caused by global warming and to prepare, cuz it is about survival.....you don't have to be all doom and gloom to know that having a few weeks worth of easy to prepare food in the house is a good idea....Just look at what Irene and Sandy did to areas all over this state....that should tell you to make sure your propane for the gas grill is full, even in the winter and having tuna and beans around all year isn't a bad idea. Might even make it so your family survives with a full stomach instead of searching dumpsters for scraps. And WATER. YOU might be able to survive on the soda, tea and other bottled drinks you have around the house but your animals will need plain water and will be expecting you to bring it to them regularly. I have a well, so I have about 50 gallons around at all times. If they are predicting a big storm I fill up even more empties I keep around for just that purpose. And I fill the bathtub, so I can flush the toilet. LOL)

My family thinks I am crazy, but during Irene I had food everyday (I actually ate better than when there isn't a storm lol my local grocery gave away all meat dairy, and fruit and veg), I donated water to people in town, made meals from things that I got and had to use as they were defrosting, and my husband built a solar shower in the back yard. I had. Basically no problems and my town was isolated and without power for almost a week

I dont think they will even be auto sexing if you mate to a barred gene chicken. Like barred rocks they use head dots to see sex not back down color. I know you can't make blacksexlinks with the barred rock since both parrents will carry the barred genes. I just did a search seems they cam cross with rhodebar gold bar and welbars to make auto sexing chicks. I hate chicken genetics gets confusing.

Not 100% sure as I have never crossed these to anything but I did hear of someone crossing them to barred rocks and coming up with autosexers! Ill have to find the article... I dont plan on doing it but others do:)

Gramma...I do hold onto each and everyone of the roos, for a little bit...Even though I have the space to provide nice homes for all of them, I choose not to. Ill give an example...because they are autosexers, if I hatched out 17 roos and 6 hens...I hold onto all the roos and put out feelers for any lookers for them...if within a week I hear nothing...most likely 12 with be culled. these roosters, while rare, are still roosters. They can be used to create Olive eggers because of the blue egg gene they carry...which has been their saving grace for the most part...I'm always holding onto spares and growing out some. They have to be mated with another bird that is autosexable, like with the barred gene, to get the autosexing to work. They can't just be mated to any hen...

Luckily, no one blinks when I tell them Ill sell them some BUT they have to take a roo or three!! Lol

I'm not completely sure are CLB's a dual purpose bird? Though one has to consider that even if they are it takes feed and space to bring them up and that is not, IMO cost effective.

I thought it was a Marans roo over an EE or Amer hen that yielded an Olive egger? I have a couple and I thought it was my Marans roo over the hens. They were mixed for a time and my EE's are fliers. I did have a pure lavender Amer roo this past year. He's been traded for a Lavender Aruaucana.

wink.png

Well THIS is a PEEVE of mine. They just keep cutting and cutting and building those God forsaken malls. If were King of the Forest, I'd be shooting anyone who cut down the trees. Every time someone built a place and then it went under they'd be required to replant the area with trees or receive the death sentence. Sorry it just upsets me to see empty building and shopping malls.

All this flooding is due to the " Paving of America". Don't it always seem to go, you don't know what you've got til it's gone, they've paved paradise and put up a Parking lot.

Young people wake up before it's to late.

Joni Mitchell Big Yellow Taxi - YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWwUJH70ubM

Hey farmer farmer
Put away that DDT now
Give me spots on my apples
But leave me the birds and the bees
Please!

We act as if all this trouble with the birds and the bees is new. Folks should have listened to us hippies.

Back
Top Bottom