2015 August hatch-a-long!!

Just set another 27 yesterday in my incubator... I had started 20 for a July 21 hatch, 6 were clear. Of the remaining, 12 made it to lockdown and only 4 hatched
hmm.png

I'm trying again, hoping for a better hatch rate. I got a digital readout thermometer (I was using the one on the incubator) and found out that my temp was probably a couple degrees high, possibly causing the low hatch rate.

While I don't need more chicks, I certainly do have the space, so why not right?
hide.gif

Just set another 27 yesterday in my incubator... I had started 20 for a July 21 hatch, 6 were clear. Of the remaining, 12 made it to lockdown and only 4 hatched
hmm.png

I'm trying again, hoping for a better hatch rate. I got a digital readout thermometer (I was using the one on the incubator) and found out that my temp was probably a couple degrees high, possibly causing the low hatch rate.

While I don't need more chicks, I certainly do have the space, so why not right?
hide.gif

Chicken math is setting in. LOL
smile.png

Best of luck with your hatch!

I just ordered some hatching eggs so I guess I can officially join!! I have 3 eggs due to hatch next Thursday then I get to put the new guys in. Can't wait

This sounds so exciting!

What kind of eggs are they? I got Orloff eggs.

I bought one dz pure breeds. Whatever they had but some heritage breeds were included. I'm super excited to see what I get. They are supposed to be labeled so I know when I get them. And I have 3 Easter eggers going into lockdown Monday.

Love watching the hatch time... I swear I can't tear my eyes away from my incubator for days! My last hatch I couldn't sleep, got up at 11:45 just had a feeling that my last pip was gonna work her way out. She hatched at 11:52, right in front of me! Who needs sleep when you've got chicks!
yippiechickie.gif

Love watching the hatch time... I swear I can't tear my eyes away from my incubator for days! My last hatch I couldn't sleep, got up at 11:45 just had a feeling that my last pip was gonna work her way out. She hatched at 11:52, right in front of me! Who needs sleep when you've got chicks!
yippiechickie.gif

SO TRUE!

Back
Top Bottom