2015 August hatch-a-long!!

Doing an August hatch here for someone.

I missed hatching and am at full capacity so I advertised on craigslist. I met a lady - became good friends with her. She is doing me a lovely painting for my house and I am hatching some chicks for her!

I set a dozen tonight, will candle in 3 days.

Backyard mix. I have a barred rock roo and 11 hens of the following mixture... Easter Eggers, Buff Orps, RIR, Silver Laced, Black Silkie, Red Sex Link.

That should make my hatch date of August 21st.

Last edited:

I missed hatching and am at full capacity so I advertised on craigslist. I met a lady - became good friends with her. She is doing me a lovely painting for my house and I am hatching some chicks for her! 

Backyard mix. I have a barred rock roo and 11 hens of the following mixture... Easter Eggers, Buff Orps, RIR, Silver Laced, Black Silkie, Red Sex Link. 

That's awesome. I love when people barter. Can't wait to see some pictures of the babies. Love backyard mix

That's awesome. I love when people barter. Can't wait to see some pictures of the babies. Love backyard mix

x2
thumbsup.gif

WELCOME! Nice trade job there! And, nice variety of babies on their way.

One week tomorrow till my hatch date! Finaly got the feed room and my new Broder room (closet) mostly ready. Does anyone have experience using a watering trough (minus the water of course) as a Broder box? I am trying this method since I have had such a terrible time with card-board boxes and my husband hasn't built my Broder box yet.

I'm giving my broody Jubilee Orpington hen , 8 eggs to sit on starting tomorrow. This is my first time trying to hatch eggs from a broody hen. *Crosses fingers* Hopefully it works! I'm exciting to follow all the fellow August hatchers posts.
Sad news to report, unfortunately on her short jaunt away from her nest, broody momma was attacked by the resident bobcat who lives in the forest behind our house. This is the first time he has ever been able to catch one and sadly it was the broody hen. Moved eggs over to the incubator and I'm still hopeful they will hatch.

Sad news to report, unfortunately on her short jaunt away from her nest, broody momma was attacked by the resident bobcat who lives in the forest behind our house. This is the first time he has ever been able to catch one and sadly it was the broody hen. Moved eggs over to the incubator and I'm still hopeful they will hatch.

I'm so sorry. I hope the eggs hatch.

So I still have my 2 eggs from last month waiting to hatch. Today is officially 23 and 1 is definitely still alive. The other one is questionable. My power went out for a bit today so I hope they didn't die. How long should I wait till I call it quits??

Back
Top Bottom