2015 August hatch-a-long!!

Unfortunately non of the bantam eggs from the fridge developed, but previously I have pulled large fowl eggs that were in the fridge for up to 3 days and even added them to the eggs I was collecting so they sat in my basement for a few days before I started the incubator and they hatched,'
I'm not sure whether these didn't work out because bantams are more delicate or the weather has been hot and humid or the rooster was gone for a week before I decided to collect eggs.
But I love the breed. They're pets and follow us around, love to be picked up. With their curiosity they remind me of the cats of the bird world. Just hope the rest of these eggs hatch.
I've wondered before if you could hatch eggs that had been in the fridge....glad to know it's possible.
thumbsup.gif

Hope your hatch goes great!

I've wondered before if you could hatch eggs that had been in the fridge....glad to know it's possible.
thumbsup.gif

Hope your hatch goes great!

Thanks. You can do a search on BYC for hatching Trader Joe's fertile eggs. A fair number have done it. It seems the hatch rate is around 50% and who knows how long those eggs have been refrigerated. It seems the hens from such a hatch are really good egg layers, too.
Have fun it you decide to try it. I've thought about it. No Trader Joe's near here but we do have fertile eggs at the grocery store and the organic food store. (Putting that idea away till next year...maybe...Whoops, did I say that out loud??)

That is what my Roo looks like except for the hairy legs and feet! Yours is much handsomer than mine! Mine has big,thick legs. But the colors are almost identical. I'll send you a pic.

Send me a photo...did you get mine of the silkies?

Today is day 21 and I have 6 fluffy easter egger babies running around the brooder. 2 more are drying in the incubator with the last 4 eggs that are still wiggling! Hopefully tomorrow morning I'll have a few more! I'm happy with 8 out of 12 though!

That is what my Roo looks like except for the hairy legs and feet! Yours is much handsomer than mine! Mine has big,thick legs. But the colors are almost identical. I'll send you a pic.

Send me a photo...did you get mine of the silkies? 

Here is AlleyOops. Was purchased as a hen....just found out she's a He! (Alley was her name.....)lol

Yes miss I sure did. And aren't they all lovely!!!!! Ohhhh I want silkies!!! My husbands on board.
1f618.png
1f618.png
1f618.png
lol

Back
Top Bottom