2015 August hatch-a-long!!

I ended up with 12 out of 15 but 1 isn't doing well. There was blood in the shell & it was stuck. After a couple hours I took a warm rag & wiped the dried blood off it. It's not fluffing up so hopefully it will now. I layer it on some warm eggs in the incubator & figured I will check on it tonight.
sad.png

Same thing happened to three of my chicks. I held them for a long time, under my shirt, keeping them warm and helping them strengthen their legs. I put drips of save-a-chick on their beak regularly and kept them in a box in my room. They could barely lift their heads or open their eyes, let alone stand. It took them a couple days, but now they are some of the strongest, healthiest chicks I've ever seen!

I hope it gets better! Best of luck!

I ended up with 12 out of 15 but 1 isn't doing well. There was blood in the shell

Same thing happened to three of my chicks. I held them for a long time, under my shirt, keeping them warm and helping them strengthen their legs. I put drips of save-a-chick on their beak regularly and kept them in a box in my room. They could barely lift their heads or open their eyes, let alone stand. It took them a couple days, but now they are some of the strongest, healthiest chicks I've ever seen!

You are truly a very sensitive and nourishing mother hen.
2764.png

I ended up with 12 out of 15 but 1 isn't doing well. There was blood in the shell & it was stuck. After a couple hours I took a warm rag & wiped the dried blood off it. It's not fluffing up so hopefully it will now. I layer it on some warm eggs in the incubator & figured I will check on it tonight. :(

Been following this. I hope it turns out okay.

It's day 23 for me. (At 10 tonight)

7 out of 9 cream legbars hatched
5 out of 8 jubilee orpingtons hatched. 1 external pip.

I will candle later today to see if I have movement in the 4 eggs left.

Started with 15 cream legbars and 14 jubilees. All shipped eggs.

It passed away last night & it sucks. Everyone else is up hopping around. I couldn't get her to drink the electrolytes but at least it didn't suffer. Part of life is death & living on a farm it's expected.

It's day 23 for me. (At 10 tonight)

7 out of 9 cream legbars hatched
5 out of 8 jubilee orpingtons hatched. 1 external pip.

I will candle later today to see if I have movement in the 4 eggs left.

Started with 15 cream legbars and 14 jubilees. All shipped eggs.

I LOVE jubilee orpingtons. Congrats on the chicks! That's a great ratio for shipped eggs!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom