2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure we will figure something out by then! 

If you run into any of the ones kiddo wants let me know please! 

Do you have any specific breed interests?

I will certainly let you know! Usually though i dont see NN or SGs very often, sorry!

My flock is geared primarly toward meat, then preservation :) i love helping conserve the rare species.

Sweet! we should be ready for hatching eggs by Oct 10th. Our incubator arrives this weekend, so we can play with the settings on it.  Don't know where we'll be getting eggs from, because where I wanted to order they are going thru their molt... So... May wind up being Ebay specials.  Wanted to get some Ameraucaunas and Wellsummers. We'll see, emailing another breeder that ships eggs to see how their Wellies are doing LOL!

:woot what kind?!

@mixedUPturk I ordered the Hovabator Genesis 1588. I asked my husband if we should make a "cooler bator" and he looked at me crazy. Like normal LOL.

ETA: Ok, not really play with the settings. But more like playing with the humidity. Or just playing with it in general to see if we can hold a steady temp. Have to find an area of the house w/o many drafts...
hmm.png

Last edited:
@mixedUPturk
 I ordered the Hovabator Genesis 1588.  I asked my husband if we should make a "cooler bator" and he looked at me crazy. Like normal LOL.

ETA: Ok, not really play with the settings. But more like playing with the humidity. Or just playing with it in general to see if we can hold a steady temp. Have to find an area of the house w/o many drafts... :/

Its tough work, but your a good researcher so ull find the perfect spot! Im rooting for you!

@Sally Sunshine , what dates should people set duck, Muscovy duck, guinea, etc.?

-Kathy

Last edited:
I will certainly let you know! Usually though i dont see NN or SGs very often, sorry!

My flock is geared primarly toward meat, then preservation
smile.png
i love helping conserve the rare species.
thats awesome! I miss my WFBS but they went to great homes! and I spread the love of them a bit before then too!

Sweet! we should be ready for hatching eggs by Oct 10th. Our incubator arrives this weekend, so we can play with the settings on it. Don't know where we'll be getting eggs from, because where I wanted to order they are going thru their molt... So... May wind up being Ebay specials. Wanted to get some Ameraucaunas and Wellsummers. We'll see, emailing another breeder that ships eggs to see how their Wellies are doing LOL!
ohhhhh that means you can set a full batch if you NEED and MUST HAVE those breeds!! XXOO SallyAnnEnabler

Sally, I love that you added so many awesome links, above! A few of them I haven't read before, so off to do my homework. I have to contact the byc member that I want to buy eggs from and arrange to have them by the 10th! This should be fun!
Really? I love that they put them easy to find in the educational section! read on my friend!

For some reason naked necks seem perfect for a Halloween hatch.
I know right!

WVZp9R6.jpg

Oh my! This seems like a lot of fun!

@mixedUPturk I ordered the Hovabator Genesis 1588. I asked my husband if we should make a "cooler bator" and he looked at me crazy. Like normal LOL.

ETA: Ok, not really play with the settings. But more like playing with the humidity. Or just playing with it in general to see if we can hold a steady temp. Have to find an area of the house w/o many drafts...
hmm.png
thats cool! I would have went for a coolerbator anyday though... just sayin... you just cant compare them. they hold the humidity temps amazingly well if I must say so!!
you can always make one for a hatcher... use that as an excuse!

@Sally Sunshine , what dates should people set duck, Muscovy duck, guinea, etc.?

-Kathy
Kathy!! double yay!!!!
I missed you my friend!
hugs.gif
we had some great educational conversations didnt we! I hope you are well!
and to answer.... your going to make me figure that out? muwahhahhaaaa I guess I can go copy paste edit it from a previous hatchalong eh?
I will try to get to it later today if I have time, I have little ones playing in the sand while I am getting skids ready to dismantle, not to lift over 10lbs but I feel good enough just hope I stay that way!
I'm in! I'm looking for speckled sussex eggs to set!
YAY!! what a great breed to set too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom