2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!! Im still new here and to chickens :) we currently have 12 black copper marans in our incubator and 17 naked neck waiting to go in tomorrow. (Bad timing thanks to the post office) I really hope we will have some room to add some more on the 10th but idk if we will. I currently have quail on their way too and someone was supposed to bring me duck eggs. So maybe ducks by the 10th? Who knows lol maybe ill buy another incubator so we can join in :)

My September hatch is down to 6 viable eggs out of 10. 4 of them look really good. My rate is already pretty bad because these are pullet eggs. One was a double yolker but only one yolk fertilized and it quit about day 10. I would be happy if any of them hatch, then the Halloween hatchers will join them in the brooder. The chicks from pullet eggs are supposed to take a while to catch up in size. Two days until I know what I'm setting for this hatchalong.
I missed this! pullet eggs will do that to ya! I still dont know what I will do, I posted a want add for NN on fb lol no comments on it yet though

Well I just placed an order for 15 assorted eggs from a BYC member, shipping out tomorrow! Wish me better luck with these guys
1f601.png
1f601.png
1f601.png
lol.png
fl.gif

thank you

Love the floor Sally!

When I first saw this, know what I thought you had done? That cement floor. They look like this. Then I kept scrolling and saw what you had done. I've seen that done too..only in photos, but they are so cool, and, hand prints? How cool is that? A .. family..room! Everything looks so nice!
thanks!

Maybe a chicken/people costume contest if this is still in the running?
smile.png
thumbsup.gif
I think the Costume contest too, and I think we will run the human and chicken contest together somehow, we need more donations first though just run a 1st prize in each chicken and human! I cant donate a zillion items because shipping will add up quickly, I will do more than all that in the other contest, but lets see what others donate then I will add more from here at Sallyville lol

So, with a repaired cracked egg in the incubator, when should I candle to see if they (cracked most particularly) are developing? I know I should keep my hands off for a week or so. But it's so hard, i want to know if the cracked one is viable yet... It's not even day 3, but it's so tempting to do right now!
lol antsypants!

Wow!! I'm impressed! Love the lighting. And the floor! OMG! I need more info on the floor! pretty please.....
bow.gif
its cheap rolls of brown paper from lowes ripped up into sporadic pieces and then crumpled ( this killed my wrists mind you)
I laid them out to be sure I had enough to cover the entire floor area, THEN HUGE bottles of elmers glue at lowes, and you mix with warm water in a dishpan, and then you decoupage the floor entirely and let it dry completely ALL edges have to be DOWN. now here is the issue... you have to use a light color stain and do it by hand with a rag, when we did it hubs used a floor stain mop brush and you could see lines, so he had to go over it several times and it ended up way too dark and shows all the dirt because its too dark. Final coats are just like a wood floor with poly. Thats all.... and cheap

My eggs are out and im getn ready for Oct Hatch
big_smile.png
18 babies!!

DAWWWWWWW
clap.gif

I know, I know. But the good news is we received our live chicks today too. So I've been watching them. And I have to work in a little bit. But man, its hard to just leave them LOL
wee.gif

Hello everyone!! Im still new here and to chickens
smile.png
we currently have 12 black copper marans in our incubator and 17 naked neck waiting to go in tomorrow. (Bad timing thanks to the post office) I really hope we will have some room to add some more on the 10th but idk if we will. I currently have quail on their way too and someone was supposed to bring me duck eggs. So maybe ducks by the 10th? Who knows lol maybe ill buy another incubator so we can join in
smile.png
lau.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
yesss.gif
ya.gif

Hello everyone!! Im still new here and to chickens
smile.png
we currently have 12 black copper marans in our incubator and 17 naked neck waiting to go in tomorrow. (Bad timing thanks to the post office) I really hope we will have some room to add some more on the 10th but idk if we will. I currently have quail on their way too and someone was supposed to bring me duck eggs. So maybe ducks by the 10th? Who knows lol maybe ill buy another incubator so we can join in
smile.png

Yes!! Another incubator!!
yippiechickie.gif

@Sally Sunshine Okay, cool. I posted this on the other thread, though I can maybe donate hatching eggs, they'd be mixed breed. I'll look at what else I have that's chicken related though. :)

I just listed some Mille fleur d'Uccle eggs on the auction site as well
wink.png

Sally, I can donate a dozen d'Uccle eggs as a prize. They could be a mix of four pure colors. Mille fleur, porcelain, brown/red, and golden neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom