3rd Nest of the Season!

A BIRD BRAIN AND THE BIRD FLU.......I HAVE OVER 60 ADULT CHICKENS ANOTHER 20 OR SO JUVIES, ANOTHER 120 EGGS IN BATOR, ALSO HAVE 2 BREEDS OF TURKEYS, 20 GUINEAS, BUTTON QUAIL AND COTURNIX QUAIL........LMAOOOOOO AND I STILL WANT MOREEEEEEEEEEEE

Of course you want more... Peas, obviously. Pea addiction is the only known antidote for bird flu, although it is not 100% effective in all cases.

Think about it. You have several hundred birds already, either on the ground or in the 'bator. You love
love.gif
them all.

But you only have one football Poop-Buddy.
lau.gif
(Please don't share your beer with him yet, we don't want to stunt his growth!!!)

gig.gif
SO GLAD you have Peas-ful Peas! Are they breeding age yet?
lau.gif

The younger ones aren't. The older ones are though. I worry about having them with chickens, but I couldn't separate them if I wanted to. My older peahen (3 years old) has her own "pet" chicken hen. They are inseparable.
hugs.gif
The 3 year old male is great with everything. I do think mine are especially docile though. Hopefully the d'Uccles will have the younger ones in their place long before they are old enough to breed. Those d'Uccles are full of spit and vinegar!!
big_smile.png

The younger ones aren't. The older ones are though. I worry about having them with chickens, but I couldn't separate them if I wanted to. My older peahen (3 years old) has her own "pet" chicken hen. They are inseparable.
hugs.gif
The 3 year old male is great with everything. I do think mine are especially docile though. Hopefully the d'Uccles will have the younger ones in their place long before they are old enough to breed. Those d'Uccles are full of spit and vinegar!!
big_smile.png

gig.gif
My Peas are also with our remaining chicken hens. Roosters were re-homed years ago. We've had some pretty feisty hens, too. But I have proof (!) from the eggs that come into the kitchen that the chicken hens are occasionally being "rudely victimized" by the big boys...
lau.gif
And boy do the hens ever scramble out of the way when any of the peafowl get near them
D.gif

The Peas here throw their weight around, and they have spent a fair amount of time sorting out ... (wait for it)... the PECKING order
lau.gif

gig.gif
My Peas are also with our remaining chicken hens. Roosters were re-homed years ago. We've had some pretty feisty hens, too. But I have proof (!) from the eggs that come into the kitchen that the chicken hens are occasionally being "rudely victimized" by the big boys...
lau.gif
And boy do the hens ever scramble out of the way when any of the peafowl get near them
D.gif

The Peas here throw their weight around, and they have spent a fair amount of time sorting out ... (wait for it)... the PECKING order
lau.gif

During the height of the breeding season, mine will try to "rudely victimize" anything that walks past including cats. I believe Kathy even had her foot "rudely vicitimized" once.
ep.gif

:gig My Peas are also with our remaining chicken hens.  Roosters were re-homed years ago.  We've had some pretty feisty hens, too.  But I have proof (!) from the eggs that come into the kitchen that the chicken hens are occasionally being "rudely victimized" by the big boys... :lau     And boy do the hens ever scramble out of the way when any of the peafowl get near them :cd  

The Peas here throw their weight around, and they have spent a fair amount of time sorting out ... (wait for it)... the PECKING order :lau

During the height of the breeding season, mine will try to "rudely victimize" anything that walks past including cats. I believe Kathy even had her foot "rudely vicitimized" once.  :eek:

Way more than once, lol, but he quite doing it after I gave him a hen.

-Kathy

Update on my Runty - I accidentally killed him last night... I had him out of brooder in a small box on the couch and my cat curled up on the box and squished/suffocated him.
hit.gif
I feel horrible. He probably wouldn't have lived as I think he had some sort of heart/lung defect that was causing him to have breathing problems (purple skin and purple legs), but I still feel awful.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom