5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

@bantambury
Your chickies grew up so nice!! Glad to hear they are doing well. Mine are good and so very lovely. The lavender orps that is. I ended up with two hens and two roos. The 3 EEs I hatched were all roos and have since become dinner... I currently have separated out one of the roos so only one is with the hens. Gonna gather as many eggs from them as I can at the end of this month to hatch. Then I'll put the other roo with the hens from that hatch. I'm just finishing up my new incy, so hoping it will do well. I've spent SO much time and effort on building it.

@bantambury

Your chickies grew up so nice!!  Glad to hear they are doing well.  Mine are good and so very lovely.  The lavender orps that is.  I ended up with two hens and two roos.  The 3 EEs I hatched were all roos and have since become dinner...  I currently have separated out one of the roos so only one is with the hens.  Gonna gather as many eggs from them as I can at the end of this month to hatch.  Then I'll put the other roo with the hens from that hatch.  I'm just finishing up my new incy, so hoping it will do well.  I've spent SO much time and effort on building it.

Good luck! Sounds like you have a nice planned program ahead of you!

Good luck! Sounds like you have a nice planned program ahead of you!
Thanks! Good luck on yours too. Seeing your pics make me want some silkies soooo bad.
lol.png

Thanks! Good luck on yours too. Seeing your pics make me want some silkies soooo bad.
lol.png

haha theyre great I may get catdance silkies! fingers crossed!

I have 3 Japanese bantam silkie cross roos I need to sell by the 18th and im so lost...ive been looking since JULY for homes! goodness help me! ive even posted on crigslist, and BYC multiple times

this is the one rooster i decided to keep from NYD, out of 6 roosters! (I rehomed 5 to a local farm)
Hes already been the father to many more chicks. i put 8 eggs from my older hens in the incubator for a June 1st hatch and while they were in there, my two NYD hens laid their first eggs! Then in July one of those hens went broody and she was an amazing mom. Although my favorite is my roo! he is soo friendly and he is the only one out of my flock that we can walk up to and pick up. And he produces sex links with my barred rock and my Delawares, and possibly my RIR but i didnt hatch enough of her eggs to know.

this is the one rooster i decided to keep from NYD, out of 6 roosters! (I rehomed 5 to a local farm)
Hes already been the father to many more chicks. i put 8 eggs from my older hens in the incubator for a June 1st hatch and while they were in there, my two NYD hens laid their first eggs! Then in July one of those hens went broody and she was an amazing mom. Although my favorite is my roo! he is soo friendly and he is the only one out of my flock that we can walk up to and pick up. And he produces sex links with my barred rock and my Delawares, and possibly my RIR but i didnt hatch enough of her eggs to know.
Very nice!

It is great to see them.

Some I hatched this year.

Oh my, he is gorgeous! And how awesome that he creates sex links with your hens!
yesss.gif

Very nice!

It is great to see them.

Some I hatched this year.

Those are some nice looking birds. What is that blue one at the top? She is lovely.

Oh my, he is gorgeous! And how awesome that he creates sex links with your hens!
yesss.gif

Those are some nice looking birds. What is that blue one at the top? She is lovely.

She is an Arkansas Blue, or University of Arkansas blue egg layer.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom