5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

It's almost that time again, people!!!!

wee.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

I can NOT wait!! The holidays are so much better when I am awaiting some fuzzy butts.
yesss.gif

I was contacted this week and will be hosting again!

Congratulations Ron. I'll follow along but probably won't be participating. If our winter is anything like last I can't do it.
I've never had chicks in the basement more than a week other than last winter when they were inside about 5 weeks. It was brutal.

Also, I have about 45 chicks of various ages right now and will have to cull a bunch to make them fit. I only want 2 buildings of chickens this winter.

Last edited:
Congratulations Ron. I'll follow along but probably won't be participating. If our winter is anything like last I can't do it.
I've never had chicks in the basement more than a week other than last winter when they were inside about 5 weeks. It was brutal.

Also, I have about 45 chicks of various ages right now and will have to cull a bunch to make them fit. I only want 2 buildings of chickens this winter.
Thanks!

I plan on hatching Arkansas Blues and Pita Pintas. I will be making some room for them soon.

Time for some chicken dinner!

ep.gif
We're having another NYD Hatchalong?!?!?!?
woot.gif
wee.gif
Awesome! I'm ready to start working the kinks out of my newly built incubator, as soon as I'm sure the right roo is fertilizing my eggs. So I should have her revved up and set to race for NYD. What is super cool is I'll be hatching eggs from the Lav Orps that I hatched in the last NYD Hatchalong!

Thanks!

I plan on hatching Arkansas Blues and Pita Pintas. I will be making some room for them soon.

Time for some chicken dinner!
Yep, chicken dinner time here too. I'm culling all my older hens. I don't want to overwinter them again. Just can't afford to feed them, especially when they are hardly laying anymore. What are Pita Pintas btw? I've never heard of those.

Yep, chicken dinner time here too. I'm culling all my older hens. I don't want to overwinter them again. Just can't afford to feed them, especially when they are hardly laying anymore. What are Pita Pintas btw? I've never heard of those.

Pita Pintas are a rare Spanish Breed. They look a lot like mottled Javas but are not the same.

Pita Pintas are a rare Spanish Breed. They look a lot like mottled Javas but are not the same.
Oh Ron! They are really cool. I'm so glad to hear that you're hosting again, should be loads of fun! @Chicken Canoe, awwww c'mon! What's a few more chicks?

Back
Top Bottom