5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

You got some nice looking chicks. It will be interesting to see what they grow into. I have a question though. Why does it look like this chick is suspended by a string?...
Because it is. I've got it in a sling while I'm waiting to see if the treatment for a slipped hock 'takes' or not. The chick was otherwise eating, drinking, and trying to move, so we figured we'd reset the hock joint and cross our fingers. The sling lets it stand normally.

Rember to vote for the cutest chick hatched!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1V1b8-2XA2NbbAJoysYhseJLNF4S1b3hlnVoCqcIi2b0/viewform

If you have not sent a PM for the best hatch participant send me a pm @ronott1

If you think you may be in the running for best hatch participant, send me a pm The Best hatch rate so far is 81%(This is a set rate not fertile hatch rate)

Worst hatch rate is 0%. Three have reported 0% hatch(so sad) so the winner of that contest will be the person with 0% that set the most eggs. Currently that is for the person that set 26., If you had 0 hatch and set more eggs please send me a PM.

I will announce the winners this Evening.

Thanks for being patient

How do we know who the "administrators" are???????

How do we know who the "administrators" are???????
That is me!

wink.png

me and my 11 year old daughter just decided to try to make an incubator and have our male rir and our two females fertelize some eggs.Well that started on dec.14 and now we have action! egg has a chip out of it and now we hear peeping!!!

Last edited:
Hey ya''ll...does anyone have an Ecoglow??? How do I adjust temperature with one? With the heat lamp I had last year, I just raised it a little each week. What do I do with the ecoglow? Make it taller each week?????

Because it is. I've got it in a sling while I'm waiting to see if the treatment for a slipped hock 'takes' or not. The chick was otherwise eating, drinking, and trying to move, so we figured we'd reset the hock joint and cross our fingers. The sling lets it stand normally.
Aha! So I wasn't seeing things!
gig.gif
That is a really great idea. I hope the little one improves from the treatment.
fl.gif

me and my 11 year old daughter just decided to try to make an incubator and have our male rir and our two females fertelize some eggs.Well that started on dec.14 and now we have action! egg has a chip out of it and now we hear peeping!!!
Great news! Congrats! You'll have fuzz butts before you know it.
clap.gif

Hey ya''ll...does anyone have an Ecoglow??? How do I adjust temperature with one? With the heat lamp I had last year, I just raised it a little each week. What do I do with the ecoglow? Make it taller each week?????
It is a contact heater. It does not heat the brooder, only the chicks. There is no heat adjustment, just a height adjustment.

They work down to about 40 degrees for the first week or so. After that, the place where they are can be colder. If it is below 40, you need to add a small light for heat for the first week or so.

Back
Top Bottom