~ 5th Annual Cinco de Mayo Hatchathon! ~

Manningjw

Crowing
11 Years
Oct 5, 2011
Shoreline, Washington
It's time to start preparing for the most important Cinco de Mayo hatchathon yet, the 5th annual!

All fowl are welcome! A list of respective set dates is below(thanks to Chookschick). The set date for Chicken eggs is April 14th! Many people have used this hatch to start growing out Turkeys for Thanksgiving! There are only 2 rules to participating in this hatch a long:
1. Have fun
2. Post plenty of pictures! (optional of course but it is appreciated)

Fowl

Days of Incubation

Set Date

Stop Turning At Day

Hatch Date

Chicken

14-Apr

Day 18

5-May

Turkey

7-Apr

Day 25

5-May

Duck

7-Apr

Day 25

5-May
Duck (Muscovy)

30-Mar

Day 31

5-May
Goose

3-Apr

Day 25

5-May
Guinea Fowl

7-Apr

Day 25

5-May
Peafowl

6-Apr

Day 25

5-May
Pheasant

10-Apr

Day 21

5-May
Quail

12-Apr

Day 20

5-May
Coturnix Quail

18-Apr

Day 15

5-May
Chukar

12-Apr

Day 20

5-May

My first and still favorite hen was hatched 3 years ago this Cinco de Mayo, and I was hatched 30 years ago this 5th of May so it is a big year for me and my chicken hobby.

I hope many others will join along and post plenty of pictures of their feathered friends this year!

Link to prior thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/956302/4th-annual-cinco-de-mayo-turkey-chicken-hatchathon

Last edited:
Just set 17. Can I still join, even though I was a day late?
-Banti

This one isn't as 'formal' as the others... You're here, so - welcome to the CDM Hatch-along!
hugs.gif

I put 24 Red Dorkings in the 'build' yesterday. Went to deliver a feed order at 6pm, with all 3 incubators between 99.0 and 100.4 Got home at 9:30 to find the LG AT 109. Will be candling the turkey eggs a bit early... checked five, two had blood rings. At least they're still laying.
roll.png

Just set 17. Can I still join, even though I was a day late?
-Banti
Absolutely welcome to join!

Sometimes eggs hatch a little late or early regardless. For me participating in a HAL is just about sharing your experience with other people who appreciate it, even if it is a few weeks apart I still enjoy hearing about other's hatch and sharing my experiences with my own. Definitely not formal!

Here are the dividers i made so that I can keep the eggs separate at hatch. From each hen I will be keeping different colors for future breeding so it was important for me to know which hen they came from. With these I have 4 different compartments, I could always add another as well but I wont need it for this hatch.

I am hoping the holes drilled through the plastic material is enough so that they do not disturb the airflow in the incubator. I imagine when it's all closed up there shouldn't be much variance in temperature in the bator.

My first chick hatched last night around 10 pm, approximately 1/2 day early. The next three hatched out around 8 am. So far I have 8 out of the eggs and several zipping and most have pipped. It appears my incubator temps are nearly perfect this time around, really glad I picked up a new one!

First one out was blue! I like to let them imprint on my dog when they hatch so they know she isn't a threat.

Back
Top Bottom