~ 5th Annual Cinco de Mayo Hatchathon! ~

I am currently getting around 8 eggs a day from my 11 hens so I am hoping they keep it up so I will have plenty on April 14th to set. I might just have a full incubator for the first time. The last 4 or 5 eggs I have had for breakfast also appeared fertile. My mid winter fertility was almost 0 with my young cockerel, I haven't ever had that problem in the past. He definitely is doing his job now though.

My turkeys were breeding yesterday so I assume I will have eggs soon to set for the HAL!

It's gonna be close! I just set turkey eggs today and chicken eggs go in next week. Should be just enough time to get them out and add the next group for Cinco de Mayo.

I set 8 eggs out of my flock of turkeys today as well.

Had to see if the boys have been taking care of business or just showing off.

Good luck gevshiba on your hatch.

I set 8 eggs out of my flock of turkeys today as well.

Had to see if the boys have been taking care of business or just showing off.

Good luck gevshiba on your hatch.

Thanks. My boy is young, so I cracked a few to check. He seems to be doing an excellent job. Good luck with your hatch, too!

All the eggs I have been cracking for breakfast have been fertile! I am getting 8-9 eggs a day out of my 11 adult hens so I am hoping they keep this up until April 14th so I can select the best ones to hatch!

Last edited:
My Cinco de Mayo turkeys 2015 set on their eggs the 5 and 6th. Maybe mama turkey will lay me a few eggs for this one. Tom been flirting with her.
The horses broke her leg I almost put her down but decided to try to stabilized it to see if we could save her. We cooped her at night so she would try to roost. To make a long story short. It healed very choked but she gets around. Plus she roosts 6 foot in the air with the boys. Some time she get sore so I coop her for a couple days she get ok again.
My chickens eggs have had a fertility issue. I don't know why. But I'll join with something I am in for the hatch.. Add me...
PS hello everyone.....
My male turkey hates me, he has mellowed a little since the hens went to setting. Love my turkeys!!!!!!

He is my yard dog... No one comes in. He gobbles at them

My Cinco de Mayo turkeys 2015 set on their eggs the 5 and 6th. Maybe mama turkey will lay me a few eggs for this one. Tom been flirting with her. The horses broke her leg I almost put her down but decided to try to stabilized it to see if we could save her. We cooped her at night so she would try to roost. To make a long story short. It healed very choked but she gets around. Plus she roosts 6 foot in the air with the boys. Some time she get sore so I coop her for a couple days she get ok again. My chickens eggs have had a fertility issue. I don't know why. But I'll join with something I am in for the hatch.. Add me... PS hello everyone..... My male turkey hates me, he has mellowed a little since the hens went to setting. Love my turkeys!!!!!! He is my yard dog... No one comes in. He gobbles at them
Welcome. Nice looking tom. Is he a sweet grass or calico.

Back
Top Bottom