~ 5th Annual Cinco de Mayo Hatchathon! ~

This one isn't as 'formal' as the others... You're here, so - welcome to the CDM Hatch-along! :hugs

I put 24 Red Dorkings in the 'build' yesterday.  Went to deliver a feed order at 6pm, with all 3 incubators between 99.0 and 100.4  Got home at 9:30 to find the LG AT 109.  Will be candling the turkey eggs a bit early... checked five, two had blood rings. At least they're still laying.:rolleyes:

Great, thanks!

Sorry about the dead ones.... :(

Candled all of this turkey set, 21 have faint blood rings, two appear to be clears. I sorted them & moved them to the new build - left the blood rings in because I've had some of the faint ones that continued to develop. One of the ones in the Brinsea that is in lock down now was a faint blood ring at 9 days, but is alive & appears fully developed.

Since replacing the thermostat wafer & fan, and switching to a 60w bulb (can not find a heat emitter here, which is what I'd planned for it) it is running smoothly. Thermometers against the glass register 95-97, but set in two inches they're at 99 and slightly higher in the center. Eggs aren't against the glass, so I'm not going to worry about that. There are things I will fix/change after this hatch, but for now it's doing well and I'm optimistic!
Will try to remember to take a pic after we get done with cattle tonight.

Just set 17. Can I still join, even though I was a day late?
-Banti
Absolutely welcome to join!

Sometimes eggs hatch a little late or early regardless. For me participating in a HAL is just about sharing your experience with other people who appreciate it, even if it is a few weeks apart I still enjoy hearing about other's hatch and sharing my experiences with my own. Definitely not formal!

I had a third turkey hen go broody, so moved all the rest of the turkey eggs out of the bator. The co-broodies have 12 and the new hen has 10. But, of course both bators are full again.
idunno.gif
I don't know how that happens.

I have an SS hen thinking about brooding. I've given her 6 eggs, but had to move her, so we'll see.

Psssst @Manningjw I slipped in on stealth mode on page 5...
gig.gif

frow.gif
Hello everyone!!!

I HOPE I'll have something to continue this HAL with....I'll be candling the eggs from my broodies tonight.
fl.gif

Crossing my fingers that something's developing.
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom