7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Yes, lol, the one that Sally didn't know what to think of.  My hubby made if for me.  I have used it for yrs.  I can see really well into those eggs with this...thing.   :lol:

Made with a big bean can, the handle from a flood lamp, and a card board piece on top..nope it doesn't get hot on the card board, the can will if I take a while candling.  He soldered the handle onto the can.    I am hands free when I candle,

I hope you don't mind, but i copied your design. I used 7a PVC pipe. It will be a hassle if i ever need to change the bulb! But it makes candling so much easier!!!

Thanks! Six out of seven eggs are looking good. Those are from my birds though. It remains to be seen how the shipped eggs do..... I will leave them perfectly upright in the r-com until I see veins, then I'll think about tilting them a little back and forth...
The eggs you sent came in two days! All the way from Cali to FL!
A couple have saddles but most are OK, most of them are developing although I'm trying to refrain from candling so much this time.
A little harder to candle these smaller eggs but I have to say that TJChickens could not have done a better job packaging these eggs for shipment.
The postman didn't call me like TJChickens had the box CLEARLY marked. I can fault nothing to TJChickens(Kind of comes off like Colonel Sanders) as every precaution was taken and they got here in no time flat.
OH, and TJChickens gave me 3 extra
wink.png

Quote: Wow..nice job! I really like candling this way. Don't have to hold onto the flashlight. I know that Sally has her flashlight attached to a lamp, I do believe. But, mine has worked great for years. I change the top every now and again. To keep it clean.

Here is my first baby that hatched last night. I just had anther SG hatch! I knew I had two pips, and one was really working on that pip, so thought I would go check and see how it was coming along, the one with just the pip, was out. What? Now, that was fast, because I have been looking into that bator off and on all morning, never saw it start zipping.

Check out that bow tie, and the muff on this baby..and...the feathered feet. :D

Nice toes too.

Back
Top Bottom