7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Here is the shipping box that came from Metzer Farms. Shipped from Gonzales, CA to Sandy, OR (Portland-ish) Shipped Tues morning and arrived Thursday afternoon. All eggs looked good in the cozy foam they were nestled in that cardboard egg crate thing is packed in the bottom with bubble wrap on top of it and the foam sandwiched in between more bubble wrap with another cardboard egg crate carton on top. Then box taped shut.

Here are the little babies
bun.gif

We did some shopping today too. My DH and I shop for each other in front of each other. Man, I'm excited to get what he got for me today. He does surprise me with a few things, but I get the main things I really want this way, and so does he! Old age, we do things different when we get older.

It's still fun though! I made my kids buy each other one thing ( I have three boys) they can hardly keep a secret no matter how hard I try. Make them take turns wrapping their gifts in the garage and everything. Yeah, they all know what each of their gifts are haha. Oh well, it was still FUN
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
Nice job!

Take out the plug though--Ventilation is very important.
I agree...
thumbsup.gif
Good catch ron.

Not sure why they still send those things. I never use them. I have the bator that has two, just put them in a drawer. Getting a 1588 pretty quick here, for this hatch a long. :)

Last edited:
Is that an egg by the turner motor?

Nope, that's the power cord going in the lid...

I can't tell, but the turner motor is likely on the side that we cannot see.

Upper right, the spot next to the turner motor is plugged...

Wow, got busy while I was busy, lol...

ETA: I meant upper left... *sigh*

Last edited:
I plan to in the future but at the moment I'm just getting started. I have successfully hatched a chick thanksgiving day and will post a pic but I must be sure of breeding success before I sell eggs to insure success of hatches for the customer. I will keep posting updates as I go along. I will be setting 32 eggs for the 7th annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long. Good luck to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom