7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

@prizepete Hoping you get back on with another photo of your female serama/silkie mix. Would love to see a more clear photo like you said you would get. :) Pretty girl.

@prizepete Hoping you get back on with another photo of your female serama/silkie mix. Would love to see a more clear photo like you said you would get. :) Pretty girl.

Sorry! it was super rainy and wet yesterday and she was SOPPING Wet.... And she is actually a pure serama! They can have different feather types, its really cool!

ok... This is going to be a long post, just FYI...
a week or two ago I emailed Jerry (The Guy who imported them into the US) and I pay palled him the money for the birds. I expected him to email or call to tell us that he was sending the birds.... Nope! Yesterday morning we get a call from the post office saying that our birds are here... WHAT?! So we scramble to get ready And pick up the birds... I don't even have a coop ready yet.... Yesterday was WAY to rainy to make one, So they are living in a dog crate in my bedroom... My dad is brining home some pallets tonight from work. But they came in great shape, Little bit of feather damage, but that is kind of expected since they came from a cardboard box with wholes... Also there was an EGG in the box with them! YAY! I am SUPER Exited about this pair!

My chicks are a week old today and they dont look ke they grew. Is it possible there sick that stunts there growth. The lighter chick is bigger but also in a different bin.

The black chicks are either pure or mixed marans are they a slower breed to mature as in the lighter chicks are brahma orp mixes.

I kinda like green eggs, so far I want to get feather color and good laying and focus on egg color later.
I like green eggs, too!
lol.png

New rooster, current roo just got into the pen so they were fighting and both had bloody wattles
barnie.gif
What a handsome , BIG boy!
thumbsup.gif

Hi, mostly reading when I can. Internet super slow. Using a generator. Lots of rain, no power. I'll be back later....
Hugs all around!
smile.png
hugs.gif
I hope things get back to normal soon.

Back
Top Bottom