8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

Tiger is very close! They look like brother and sister. He's really lucky you found him. What an awful start at life he had until then.

It's funny you mention about the gifts at the door. She'd never been able to hunt...but she caught on really fast and she does the same thing with us with leaving "presents,"  Sometimes it's the whole present and sometimes it's just the intestines. :sick   :gig
Yes!! Or even worse stepping on one that didnt quite make it to the porch -Yuck!!! Ive seen it all with him... Rabbit, mole, mice, birds you name it hes atleast tried to kill it! I was so worried when I got chickens, but he actually sleeps in the barn right next to them! He must know momma loves them too!!! That and he appreciates food and water lol

Last edited:
So many little hatch-lings
wee.gif
Its kind hard to keep up with it all! Is the random post contest thingo still on?

Ahh..right....oh well. Congrats teaton :weee

I know! I know! First i didn't even know what eggs had pipped of yours (if it was duck or chicken) and now i lost the bet! My reputation is ruined!

Lol..

Yep! Totally ruined!! For shame!!!

You'll never be able to hold your head high on a HAL thread again!!!

:gig

Quote:
Wow, that's an old kitty! Everything I've read where older cats are having problems...it seems the ability to go potty successfully goes first. That's really unfortunate the kitty was in pain. I do understand your Mom's perception since she had her since she was a kitten. My husband's uncle is exactly the same way as your Mom with the animals here...including the livestock. I'm like you...I'm the first one to step in if an animal has no quality of life or if there's no hope left with treatment and the animal will/is suffering. I had to take my beloved dog Wolf to the vet on Christmas day about a decade ago because I just couldn't do it...but otherwise I'm the grim reaper here. I was also the one to step in at the pig barn for the piglets in the farrowing and grower barn. I can't stand to see an animal suffer. Castrating (blade), dealing with the nasty stuff like extracting dead calves, bad wounds, abscesses and the like...and euthanasia are my department because the guys prefer to leave it to me.

I was aware there may be a health issues when we took the kitty. They were having issues with her. The couple was young with no money for vetting (they were expecting soon) and the cat was staying at their friends place. It just seemed best to relieve them and deal with anything we found. We brought her home and kept her in to observe her and acclimatize.. She had trouble keeping food down with the food they sent with her. I suspected cancer at first, but we tried a few things and switched her slowly onto our kitty's food...she's gained weight and her coat became much healthier looking. She's an incredibly sprightly cat for her age, running and jumping and being a regular pain in the butt tripping me because she wants to get petted. But when it's her time, she won't suffer.

We had one of our older kitty's begin to have trouble with an ear and her health declined from there. After vetting twice, two round of antibiotics, as much love and care I could dole out, and a complete failure to heal...when she turned that corner, she spent her last moments the next morning being held and loved in the warm sun. As awful as it is for me, I take comfort in knowing it was quick and painless, and that in her last few moments she was loved...and she was happy because she sat purring and content as I held and petted her.

Back
Top Bottom