8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

They can be funny about going out at first. Sometimes they seem scared at night too and pile up in a corner until morning.

Inside the coop is their entire world, they've never seen the outside except when I open the door to feed them, there's no outside view from the inside so when I left the door open a bunch got on the door frame and peeped outside but wouldn't go out. Ill do that again in a week or two to see if they're ready to explore.

Here's our 4 silkies in the brooder. Serama chick is in incubator still drying off.

love.gif

It's not stopped snowing all day. It's almost midnight, and it's still snowing. They said until 10..we are 2 hrs. past that. We need the moisture, didn't expect to get it all at once though.

Looks like our hatch is done. Still not giving up on 5 eggs in the incubator but no sign of movement just watching through the looking glass.

Started with 19 shipped eggs.

4 Silkies hatched. I screwed up humidity and caused 1 to get wrapped and didn't realize it in time. But was able to save a serama chick. So 5 hatched.

Still have 3 serama and 3 silkie eggs cooking hoping for a long shot and a surprise happens. However on our first ever attempt we have 5 babies in the house.

Looks like our hatch is done. Still not giving up on 5 eggs in the incubator but no sign of movement just watching through the looking glass.

4 Silkies hatched. I screwed up humidity and caused 1 to get wrapped and didn't realize it in time. But was able to save a serama chick. So 5 hatched.

Still have 3 serama and 3 silkie eggs cooking hoping for a long shot and a surprise happens. However on our first ever attempt we have 5 babies in the house.

5 new chickies is still nice!

A wise BYC member once told me, in reference to shipped eggs, to think of how amazing it is to even get one to hatch after all they've been through! Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom