8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

A few of the babies hatched on NYD turned out to be frizzles! So happy with the hatch results this go around! Set 25, 4 were infertile, 2 pipped at the wrong end and died, lost one post hatch. In total, 18 happy, healthy chicks are eating me out of house and home. Lol!

Chicks always look so tiny, until you put them in doll houses - then they're the giant chickens some crazy person invited to tea! My daughter had some fun posing ours with the little Christmas village houses. If they weren't so cute, they're almost monster film-esque looking. I can almost hear them saying, "You may think we're cute and fuzzy, but we will stomp on your little Christmas houses and eat all of your corn, watermelon, bread, table scraps..."

Last edited:
Chicks always look so tiny, until you put them in doll houses - then they're the giant chickens some crazy person invited to tea! My daughter had some fun posing ours with the little Christmas village houses. If they weren't so cute, they're almost monster film-esque looking. I can almost hear them saying, "You may think we're cute and fuzzy, but we will stomp on your little Christmas houses and eat all of your corn, watermelon, bread, table scraps..."

The chicks that ate Christmas, lol!

Just got home and checked the sportsman to check the chick with its intestines out and he died, it was obvious he wouldn't make it, but then again another dc/wpr chick hatched and looks fine plus a bunch of eggs with pips and zips!!!! Looks like ill get some chicks after all not the 40 but at least a few to start getting data of my meat birds from the start.

That's great! I'm looking forward to reading about the progress of your meat birds.

smile.png

A few of the babies hatched on NYD turned out to be frizzles! So happy with the hatch results this go around! Set 25, 4 were infertile, 2 pipped at the wrong end and died, lost one post hatch. In total, 18 happy, healthy chicks are eating me out of house and home. Lol!
These are cute photos!! @BantyChooks come see

The chicks that ate Christmas, lol!
lau.gif

That's too cute! We put out a huge Christmas Village this year, but I regretfully never thought you get pics of the December babies with it, such a clever idea! Maybe next year we'll do a little short video of the "Chickzillas" in the village. My daughter thought I was crazy playing with her dollhouse and the chicks. She kept asking "Mom, what in the world are you doing? Are you feeling ok?" Lol! This coming from the youngen who, on several ocassions, has fallen asleep cuddling the "pet" possum. And I'M the crazy one?
(Disclaimer: Pervis (possum) was a rescue deemed unreleasable and is used as an educational animal ambassador.)

Collected some old wood yesterday from an alley and am building an A-Shape coop/tractor for my meat birds.
I built a tractor coop and it has wheels that go up and down with a handle. I do not use it though. Maybe I will get some use next summer with it.

Back
Top Bottom