8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

Not a good way to start 2017!!!

Me and my family headed to Houston for the weekend visiting my older son and our house was burglarized. They took all tv's and electronics from the inside and from the outside was the weedeater, lawnmower, air compressor and my SPORTSMAN CABINET INCUBATOR!!! To make matters worst our main gate was left open and a bunch of stray dogs got into my coop and killed all my chicks 100+ of them only 8 survived. Got here last night to find the horror. Today I dedicated the whole day resecuring my coop and resetting an old homemade bator I built a while back. I also brought home 3 hens and a rooster from my old flock at my dads house to restart my meat project.

Male Dark Cornish

White Plymouth Rock and 2 Madison's

Surviving chicks

Resecured Coop

Old Homemade Bator

Lets start again!!!

Me and my family headed to Houston for the weekend visiting my older son and our house was burglarized. They took all tv's and electronics from the inside and from the outside was the weedeater, lawnmower, air compressor and my SPORTSMAN CABINET INCUBATOR!!! To make matters worst our main gate was left open and a bunch of stray dogs got into my coop and killed all my chicks 100+ of them only 8 survived. Got here last night to find the horror. Today I dedicated the whole day resecuring my coop and resetting an old homemade bator I built a while back. I also brought home 3 hens and a rooster from my old flock at my dads house to restart my meat project.

Male Dark Cornish

Surviving chicks

Resecured Coop

Old Homemade Bator

Lets start again!!!
Oh no!! Thats just terrible! Who would do such a thing? Im so sorry
hugs.gif
Loosing all your birds, and that big incubator, plus all your hard work...just terrible.

On a good note that Male dark Cornish is a little beauty

I sure hope you can replace everything you've lost, and i hope you can start fresh

Last edited:
@eldonrgv I am sorry for all you lost that is just flipping awful...
how is they get away with that type of crime much less
leaving the gate open to invite more damage... I am in flurry for you

Male Dark Cornish

Surviving chicks

Resecured Coop

Old Homemade Bator

Lets start again!!!

This is absolutely horrible! I am so terribly sorry to hear all this :(

Oh no!! Thats just terrible! Who would do such a thing? Im so sorry :hugs  Loosing all your birds, and that big incubator, plus all your hard work...just terrible.

On a good note that Male dark Cornish is a little beauty

I sure hope you can replace everything you've lost, and i hope you can start fresh

Thanks. Material things can be replaced. We have our house insured and I already called to have an adjuster to come and receive a police report sometime next week. What hurts is loosing all my birds. Gotta start from scratch again and yes that Cornish Male is beautiful, he hasn't matured yet. If I remember correctly he will be one year old in mid march. He is taller than the concrete block behind him.
@eldonrgv
I am sorry for all you lost that is just flipping awful...
how is they get away with that type of crime much less
leaving the gate open to invite more damage... I am in flurry for you

Yep, Same here. We live in a subdivision in the outside of the city and don't have many neighbors close by so it's easy to berry picking houses by burglars and a good place to throw away unwanted dogs and litters. Sheriffs hardly patrol around here.
This is absolutely horrible! I am so terribly sorry to hear all this :(

Thanks... I just got up and dusted off. Time for a fresh start.

I really do count my lucky stars where we are but then we really do not usually leave to far from home
the small town we are in our police come from a neighbor town and patrol the two allot
they do like to say there isn't drugs here or crime and if they have a say there never will be..
something to be said for one horse towns
hide.gif

I'm with the rest @eldonrgv...what a completely awful situation to come home to, especially all you birds.
sad.png

Great job of looking ahead...that dark Cornish certainly does stand out! It'll be interesting to see the chicks from him and those girls.
thumbsup.gif
That's quite a thing about your sportsman...I wouldn't even have known that was an incubator if I didn't have chickens. SO weird!

I am so sorry!! good luck rebuilding
fl.gif

and keep an eye on craigslist, your stuff may reappear
somad.gif

Lets start again!!!
Wow, that is HORRIBLE!! I hope that some of your stuff shows up again - especially the incubator - they probably thought they were stealing a fridge - won't they be surprised when they cook their beer?

Do you have any idea who might have known you were gone? Someone that you had taking care of the birds while you were gone? Stealing that much stuff mean they knew they had plenty of time. The property loss is one thing, but I can't get over the fact they left the gate open. I am so sorry for your losses!!!

I love your positive outlook!

It's interesting you mentioned about who might have known eldonrgv was away...hubby and I were talking about it after we dropped our steer off this morning and how awful this would have been...and hubby thought almost the same thing. Basically that someone must be watching and waiting or knew eldonrgv was gone.
sad.png

I agree with you too, Jessimom! Eldonrgv, you have an awesome outlook! Some people wouldn't be able to see past this. You're going to be successful in whatever you choose to do. Amazing perseverance.
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom