A BEE thread....for those interested in beekeeping.

I checked the hives here at the house today and found we have at least 4 supers filled with honey that are ready or almost ready to extract. We plan on harvesting those that are ready next week. Still have 12 more hives to check. I know there will be more supers ready.

Capped and ready for harvest

This one should be ready soon

Natural comb being drawn for chunk honey

I checked the hives here at the house today and found we have at least 4 supers filled with honey that are ready or almost ready to extract. We plan on harvesting those that are ready next week. Still have 12 more hives to check. I know there will be more supers ready.

Capped and ready for harvest

This one should be ready soon

Natural comb being drawn for chunk honey

Great pictures! I want bees badly, and have already taken a preliminary beekeeping class at a local co-op, but I'm going to have to wait until next summer (after I get my chickens this summer
smile.png
).

Great video and pictures Julie! Thanks for sharing!

My bees are almost done capping the first super and I have a 2nd super on top that they are starting to draw out. When the first super is done, should I reverse the supers until I'm ready to extract? Or leave them be?

Great video and pictures Julie! Thanks for sharing!

My bees are almost done capping the first super and I have a 2nd super on top that they are starting to draw out. When the first super is done, should I reverse the supers until I'm ready to extract? Or leave them be?

I think it is personal choice ~ I usually keep putting the empty supers on top. We have a couple of hives with 3 to 4 supers on and plan to do a spring harvest next week. The rest we will harvest later in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom