A long, disapointing weekend. but looking foward to Spring!

Yes, yes we neeeeeeeeed to know....I can't take it much longer...
barnie.gif
ep.gif
th.gif

Go Chickie...It's your birthday....
jumpy.gif

~Rebecca

Hey guys!
Still not much, but the egg IS wiggling! The date seems right; I put the egg in the bator on 8-31-08 so I am pretty sure I am right.
Bad news:(and yes, I know you guys were hoping for good news.
sad.png
) My dad is picking us up in like an hour, and I am wondering if should bring the bator with me or not!!!?? I am SOO frustrated!
barnie.gif
hit.gif
If I bring it with me, the chick will have a high risk of dying because temp. will drop(the car ride is an hour long and usually temp. drops to 80 or 70* F.) BUT, if I leave it here, I will be risking the chick's life that way too, because no one but me knows about incubating eggs!!!
barnie.gif
And i won't know what the temp. is etc.... and what if it hatches and needs help??!!! I won't be there!!! WHAT AM I GONNA DOO!!!!???
hit.gif
idunno.gif
hu.gif

Any advise would be great, and QUICK!
th.gif
We have to leave to our dad's in about almost an hour. And unless that chicken can hatch in an hour, then I don't know what to do!
hit.gif

The egg is doing great right now, with temps. 99-103*F. and hum. is about 75%.
smile.png

i'd leave it home,, aint much to do anyways, and if theres a problem, the most anyone could do to help it is to pull the egg off < last resort ,,, but IF you do take it,, i would put it in a cooler, with heated towels around it,,, it should stay awful close to temp,, if your not going a long ways

I would probably take the bator with me but put the egg in my shirt to keep it warm. Plug the bator up when you get to your dad's house. Its a long shot but I don't know what else you could do.
idunno.gif
sad.png
idunno.gif

~Rebecca

arrgghhh!!!!
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
th.gif
th.gif
It's soo hard!!! after all my efforts, i don't want it to die!
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

I'm really upset. The little guy is kicking around in the egg still, and I am wondering if I should help some how?
idunno.gif
Does anyone have any ideas?
And thanks for trying, everyone.
hugs.gif
It's not your fault if the chick doesn't make it...
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom