A **WARNING** ABOUT BLUE-KOTE!

Many,many years ago I was applying strong iodine on a newborn foal's hooves, when it reached up and brushed my chin with a newly iodined foot. First it blistered and then it scarred. My doctor thought it was hilarious.

Oh I know this thread is old...but I laughed way out loud nonetheless. What a great picture. I do believe that has happened to me too. Probably that's why I laughed so loud. here I was thinking there was some sort of new found toxicity to it reading the Thread title....

OMG...
lau.gif

Just had my first encounter with Blue Kote and wasn't sure I should have used it for a chicken. I found this site and was really concerned with the "WARNING." But I guess I did the right thing. Luckily it's only my one hand and some on my yellow work jacket. I had a favorite hen with a bald spot on her back. I noticed her alone in the coop and made a dash for and caught her. So I'm holding this chicken and I head over to my shop to get the Blue Kote which I've never used. I had to open the plastic bag and the bottle with one hand (not realizing it was a liquid). It spilled on my work bench and all over my ungloved hand. But I got it on her and walked around with her for awhile and then put her back in the coop. I guess I was lucky to ony get one purple hand out of my first experience with it.

I had the same reaction to Blue-Kote. "OH #%<^*€?.|%^€". Was more or less what I said after trying to neatly apply to a small scatch on my chickens comb. I got the comb throu the piece of stiff paper to protect her eyes an nose. So far so good, right? By the time I got the can ready to spray she was on her way...... Got the scratch and her back, the ground, my chair and my feet. My hands covered with the stuff. :p

My hands were totally blue/purple. Now I have a skin condition, been to 2 to 3 skin doctor a year, gave each one 4 to 6 mo. No help, some treatments they got better, but would be back in a week or 2. Meds up to $200.00 after insurance..........

Now, I could not wash the stuff off, I had spots of no top layer of skin, my hand would be bleeding. About a week later very little blue was still there, and I had no open wounds, I sprayed both hands, this time on purpose. A week later once again. It has been 6 + months, no return of the skinn thing I had that Dermatologist could not figure out what it was, but what it was not, and the medication to help it. BLUE-KOTE took care of it. Now I'm trying it on old man/lady toes it is not as affective but seems to be working. I'm going to have blue feet for a couple of months I guess. If it works it works. :rolleyes:

I've never seen this thread before until it came to the top just now. I can't stop laughing! :gig I must say, your eyebrows are perfectly coiffed. I'm jealous! :lau

DH and I had to remove the spurs on our big Buff Brahma roo. No fuss from the rooster but he is a big arm full for me to hold. It went well, very little blood but DH thoroughly spayed the stumps so the hens would not harass the rooster. Done in less than 5 minutes, took the roo back to his coop. As I stepped down from the coop I realized my sandaled feet were covered in poultry mites. Awk!!

I hate poultry mites on me. My feet were covered with them.

They are not moving.

Yep, blue kote strikes again.

I have a Polish rooster whose head the hens won't let alone. Have glued on a hat, and that came off. Dyed his scalp black, and that came off. Made a pony tail, and they peck around it. So with superglue around his head I glued on a turban so he looks like a conehead. Thing is, he shook his head during that process and got superglue on my glasses...

Back
Top Bottom