Ag Exemption in Texas for Chicken Eggs

Chicks5006

In the Brooder
Jul 11, 2019
We have had chickens and turkeys for almost 2 months and I've started to look into an agricultural exemption and to start selling the eggs once that time comes around. Just trying to get my ducks in a row before the time comes. I have read so many pages and I have seen where you can get an ag exemption for selling eggs but that seems very vague to me. Any experience in Texas with getting one? Do you have to have a certain amount of chickens, sell a certain number of eggs, do you have to get inspections, Ect.

Please any info would be appreciated. I know every state is different so trying to find out specifically about Texas.

Thanks in advance

We have had chickens and turkeys for almost 2 months and I've started to look into an agricultural exemption and to start selling the eggs once that time comes around. Just trying to get my ducks in a row before the time comes. I have read so many pages and I have seen where you can get an ag exemption for selling eggs but that seems very vague to me. Any experience in Texas with getting one? Do you have to have a certain amount of chickens, sell a certain number of eggs, do you have to get inspections, Ect.

Please any info would be appreciated. I know every state is different so trying to find out specifically about Texas.

Thanks in advance
Hey Chicks5006, did you ever find out the answer to this question? I live in a rural town in Central Texas and I have 30 soon to be 50 chickens. So I am curious about that too.
Thanks
Chicken Lady

Hey Chicks5006, did you ever find out the answer to this question? I live in a rural town in Central Texas and I have 30 soon to be 50 chickens. So I am curious about that too.
Thanks
Chicken Lady
Do you guys ever find out anything about becoming ag exempt with chickens, I have 22 chickens

Back
Top Bottom